Sales & Marketing Manager (Cons)
Shalina Group Companies
• Responsible for leading and implementing , sales strategies of assigned brands directed at all customer targets through all relevant distribution channels to achieve sales and promotional targets.
• Analyze distribution needs, propose strategies, and implement to ensure distribution targets wrt coverage, range selling and stock pressure are achieved for assigned consumer brands.
• Develop and implement (1) key account; (2) trade promotion; (3) In-store promotion and (4) Direct-to-consumer promotion plans.
• Analyze competitive pricing, and implement and control pricing and discount to drive brand growth in line with sales and profit targets and within the Brand Pricing Strategy .
• Manage a team of sales supervisors and representatives and merchandisers (where applicable) to achieve the agreed sales and promotional targets.
• Actively contribute to brand and business strategy for the OU.
• Stay abreast of market and competitor dynamics, providing regular feedback reports to management.
• Work closely with Central Marketing and others to develop and execute sales tactics, tools and marketing input materials.
• Ensure local tactics aligned with the core brand strategy provided by Central Marketing.
• Maintain a tracking and review system to track, control , give feedback, motivate and improve deployment of sales team and implementation of agreed programs/tactics.
• Maintain & forecast sales patterns & trends.
• Maintain records of all activities, items and spends.
• Graduate (plus Sales Diploma or MBA preferred).
• 4-6 years in Sales Management of Consumer/FMCG brands with at least two years in Africa.
• Excellent team player with ability to motivate teams and drive performance.
• Must have excellent communication skills, influencing others, and good presentation skills.
• Must be comfortable with MS office applications.
• Fluency in English is a must and ability to speak Gujarati is an advantage.
• Male candidate preferred.
About the Company
About the Company
Shalina Group is a privately owned umbrella for our principal activities in two business verticals: copper mining and production as well as pharmaceutical manufacturing and distribution. Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives are implemented through our foundation.
Shiraz Virji, our Chairman, founded Shalina Healthcare in 1981 after developing the concept of high quality but low cost medicines for the African market. He opened our first wholesale pharmacy in Kinshasa, DRC. Over the following fifteen years, the Shalina brand became well known across the DRC and the company diversified into neighbouring west African countries including Ghana, Nigeria and Angola. Today, Shalina Healthcare has operations in 6 African countries and is pursuing an aggressive expansion plan.
Shiraz Virji founded Shalina Resources in 2001 beginning with small-scale cobalt mining and mineral processing. Through systematic reinvestment into the business and a clear expansion plan, the company witnessed high levels of organic growth. By 2002, Shalina Resources produced 500 tonnes per annum of copper salts and 240 tonnes per annum of cobalt salts through precipitation. Shalina Resources acquired the rights to the Etoile mine in 2003 and over the next seven years put in place Solvent Extraction and Electro Wining processing facilities. Today, Shalina Resources is close to achieving production of 30,000 tonnes per annum of copper cathodes (LME grade A quality) and 3,000 tonnes per annum of cobalt.
Throughout the Group's history, we have had a strong commitment to social responsibility. The Shalina Foundation was set up as a vehicle through which to undertake our CSR activities and we donate a significant portion of profit to the Foundation on an annual basis. We are committed to developing the communities in which we operate: through funding and building regional infrastructure and also giving opportunities to local Congolese people through training and long-term career options.
The Shalina Group headquarters are in Dubai, with operating offices in London, India, China and across Sub-Saharan Africa. The Group directly employs over three thousand people in all its different operations.