Sales & Marketing Manager (Phrama)
Shalina Group Companies
• The main purpose of this position is to plan, direct, and manage the sales & marketing activities of Pharma products of the OU in an efficient and effective manner in order to deliver the sales & promotional targets.
• Take responsibility for the sales & marketing functions of the OU and also contribute to the business strategies of the OU.
• Coordinate with Central sales & marketing departments, as required, to devise and implement key sales & marketing strategies of the OU and ensure local tactics are aligned with the core brand strategy provided by Central Marketing.
• Oversee preparation of the annual sales & marketing budgets.
• Develop & implement sales and product incentives for sales personnel in OU.
• Ensure timely submission of accurate sales & marketing reports and stay abreast of market and competitor dynamics, providing regular feedback reports to management.
• Analyze distribution needs, propose strategies, and implement to ensure distribution targets wrt coverage, range selling and stock pressure are achieved for assigned pharma brands.
• Analyze competitive pricing, and implement and control pricing and trade discounts to drive brand growth in line with sales and profit targets and within the Brand Pricing Strategy .
• Develop the sales team while clearly outlining responsibilities and accountabilities for the team members.
• Direct the sales team to manage and control all activities and processes related to sales, marketing activities and trade promotion, etc.
• Build a 1st class working relationship with key customers for the smooth functioning of the business.
• Maintain a tracking and review system to track, control, give feedback, motivate and improve deployment of sales team and implementation of agreed programs/tactics.
• Maintain & forecast sales patterns & trends. Maintain records of all activities, items and spends.
• A Bachelor of Pharmacy or Science with a Post-Graduate Diploma or MBA in Marketing.
• Proven track record with a minimum 5 years sales management experience in Pharma and/or OTC environment.
• At least 2 year previous work experience in Africa is a must.
• Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities simultaneously.
• PC skills required: MS Word, Excel, Power Point.
• Good written and oral communication skills. Fluency in English and Kiswahili essential. Knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
• Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Performance oriented.
• Self starter and energetic with excellent selling skills.
• Analytical, conceptual, strategic and planning abilities
• Positive mindset with a can-do attitude in a dynamic growing environment.
About the Company
About the Company
Shalina Group is a privately owned umbrella for our principal activities in two business verticals: copper mining and production as well as pharmaceutical manufacturing and distribution. Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives are implemented through our foundation.
Shiraz Virji, our Chairman, founded Shalina Healthcare in 1981 after developing the concept of high quality but low cost medicines for the African market. He opened our first wholesale pharmacy in Kinshasa, DRC. Over the following fifteen years, the Shalina brand became well known across the DRC and the company diversified into neighbouring west African countries including Ghana, Nigeria and Angola. Today, Shalina Healthcare has operations in 6 African countries and is pursuing an aggressive expansion plan.
Shiraz Virji founded Shalina Resources in 2001 beginning with small-scale cobalt mining and mineral processing. Through systematic reinvestment into the business and a clear expansion plan, the company witnessed high levels of organic growth. By 2002, Shalina Resources produced 500 tonnes per annum of copper salts and 240 tonnes per annum of cobalt salts through precipitation. Shalina Resources acquired the rights to the Etoile mine in 2003 and over the next seven years put in place Solvent Extraction and Electro Wining processing facilities. Today, Shalina Resources is close to achieving production of 30,000 tonnes per annum of copper cathodes (LME grade A quality) and 3,000 tonnes per annum of cobalt.
Throughout the Group's history, we have had a strong commitment to social responsibility. The Shalina Foundation was set up as a vehicle through which to undertake our CSR activities and we donate a significant portion of profit to the Foundation on an annual basis. We are committed to developing the communities in which we operate: through funding and building regional infrastructure and also giving opportunities to local Congolese people through training and long-term career options.
The Shalina Group headquarters are in Dubai, with operating offices in London, India, China and across Sub-Saharan Africa. The Group directly employs over three thousand people in all its different operations.