Sales and Service Officer
Abu Dhabi, UAE
The role is primarily a customer facing role servicing Advance and Personal Banking customers. Professionalism, customer focus and a broad understanding of the fundamentals of service and needs based sales planning are critical to the success of the business. The role holder has a responsibility to understand customer needs with a view to upgrade existing customers to appropriate propositions and cross sell RBWM products and services. The job holder is required to identify referrals for financial planning needs and to refer to a specialist as required. The job holder is required to provide an high-quality and holistic service with prompt completion of customer service requests with a focus on deepening the customer relationship essential to drive customer loyalty and increase the wallet share of HSBC.
Impact on the Business:
• Achieve individual RBWM performance metrics
• Meeting customer expectations in terms of efficiency, accuracy, timeliness and professionalism of response either face to face, in written or at the telephone.
• Effective use of tools and information to drive customer service delivery and RBWM performance
• Execute on customer contact strategies in line with Group operating models and strategy set by regional Customer Relationship Management team
• Fully utilise and input to Customer Relationship Management data, ensuring all customer information is complete and kept up to date
• Ensure all customer needs are met and sales opportunities are maximised
• Undertake effective Individual Reviews
• Work on leads provided through customer life cycle management and tactical campaign and follow up on diarized leads
• Achieve cross sale penetration rates and wealth referrals achieved for account opening, lending and other sales
• Assist in Sales Floor Management periodically and on a need base counter and teller positions with support on cash and cheque transactions
Customers / Stakeholders:
• Take ownership for the reason for the customer visit to HSBC and deliver an effective solution
• Work with the wider team to deliver the Branch RBWM Performance measures and plan to support the multi channel customer journey
• Deliver to published Service Level Agreements and customer standards
• Meeting customer expectations in terms of efficiency, accuracy, timeliness and professionalism of response either face to face or at the telephone
• Pro-actively encouraging new and existing customers to register for, and use, alternative delivery channels e.g. Personal Internet
• In conjunction with wider team build a high personal and corporate profile in the community in which the jobholder is based
Leadership & Teamwork:
• To work as part of an integrated branch management team to ensure, standards and are met and operating models delivered
• Proactively support others through direct and indirect actions beyond activities particular to this role
• Coach and develop members of the team to ensure common customer experience and offering
• Actively promote the use of direct channels to the customer.
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
• Ensuring that sales & operations are undertaken in accordance with HSBC Bank plc FIM, BIM and Credit Policy Manual appropriate lending guidelines
• Comply with local regulatory requirements (add local requirements if necessary)
• Proactively assisting management in identifying and containing ML compliance risk through reporting of suspicious customers to MLCO/ACO
• Strictly following and implementing the procedure of SCC, CAMP Alerts and KYC for individuals from sensitive countries
• Ensure the effective management of information risk to protect the integrity and reputation of the Group. To be assessed across a range of criteria including but not limited to:
a) Completion of all mandatory ISR related training prescribed within given timeframe
b) Secure storage of electronic and physical information, including No breaches of clear desk policy
c) No leakage of Bank and/or customer information
• Be alert to operational risks losses during the execution of the day to day responsibilities should an employee aware of merging or inadequately controlled operation, identify an operational risk loss, they must report this to manager ensuring that is is reported to their local risk co-ordinator.
• Adherence to sanction guidance contained in the Legal and compliance FIM B2.17.7
• The bank seeks to grow its RBWM business through an efficient operation and the pursuit of excellent customer driven service, recognition of value, cross selling products and services appropriate to customer needs in order to enhance that value. In the face of fierce competition in this segment the bank is seeking to grow the significance of this group in their contribution to our business.
• The jobholder should also recognise our responsibility to the Community in which we operate and improve the bank’s profile within those communities building economic value for the bank and its shareholders.
• The range of competitors and products has established an increased financial awareness in customers, creating demand for increased experience and skill.
• The jobholder needs to ensure that we are selling the products in a sustainable manner, putting the long term customer relationship at priority. Managing “Know your Customer” and other compliance aspects whilst meeting customer expectations and demands forms another challenge. The jobholder forms an integral part of the wider HSBC team. As part of this wider team the jobholder is expected to identify opportunities in their day to day activities that directly or indirectly contribute to the success of colleagues with differing responsibilities, particularly in other areas of HSBC such as Commercial.
• Work in the wider team, working with the management team take the initiative on customer complaints and work to a first point of contact resolution where appropriate.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Proven ability in customer service and building customer relationships
• Ability to identify customer needs and influence customers to take appropriate action to meet their needs
• An understanding of HSBC’s Credit Policy and Lending Guidelines
• An broad knowledge of financial planning and defining customer needs
• An understanding of the needs of the mass affluent customer segment in general
• A full understanding of referral processes
• An understanding of the Premier, Advance and Personal Banking Propositions
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Customer driven with a strong focus on quality of service
• Proven ability in making lending decisions in accordance with bank policy and guidelines
• A clear understanding of how value is created within the Premium segment, both for customers and the bank
• The jobholder forms an integral part of the branch team. The jobholder is expected to identify opportunities in day to day activities that contribute to the success of colleagues.
• Attain proposition and product related qualifications
• Attain appropriate professional and regulatory qualifications as required by market
• Attain any internal standards as required by Country
• If dealing with Premier customers, required trainings and accreditation need to be done
About the Company
Headquartered in London, HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world. HSBC's international network comprises around 7,500 offices in over 80 countries and territories in Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, the Americas, the Middle East and Africa.
With listings on the London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris and Bermuda stock exchanges, shares in HSBC Holdings plc are held by over 221,000 shareholders in 127 countries and territories. The shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange in the form of American Depositary Receipts.
HSBC provides a comprehensive range of financial services to around 95 million customers through four customer groups and global businesses: Personal Financial Services (including consumer finance); Commercial Banking; Global Banking and Markets; and Global Private Banking.