Secretary – Medical Department (UAE National)
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
This position is responsible for providing administrative and support duties to the Medical department and may function as a liaison between departments and others external to the Medical Department and CCAD.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produces correspondence, manuscripts, notes, summaries, meeting minutes and other material from a variety of sources
- Develops and maintains departmental files, documents, data files and confidential information
- Answers incoming telephone calls and refers to appropriate Medical personnel for proper handling
- Gathers and summarizes data for projects, studies and reports
- Coordinates special functions and/or programs as assigned, including special studies, surveys, publications, etc.
- Serves as a liaison between departments and others within and/or external to the Medical department and CCAD
- Minimum of two (2) years secretarial experience in a medical, commercial or industrial environment is required
- Knowledge of office procedures, protocols, organization and filing systems and a variety of PC and/or word processing systems
- Demonstrated typing proficiency of at least 35 words-per-minute with accuracy
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Strong organizational and project management skills to coordinate multiple activities
- Ability to create and express new and innovative ideas to help build efficiency and effectiveness within the Medical Department
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to speak and write in English is required
- Ability to speak and write in both English and Arabic is preferred
- Health care industry experience is preferred
- Associate’s degree or equivalent formal secretarial training is required
About the Company
About the Company
The hospital will be a unique and unparalleled extension of the Cleveland Clinic model, providing a spectrum of specialty services that are designed to cater to the healthcare needs of Abu Dhabi and the region. Like its counterpart in the United States, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi will be led and staffed by physicians who are western-trained and board-certified. Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi will include a multispecialty tertiary care center and adjacent clinic. It will offer the most advanced tertiary/quaternary medical services in the region through a comprehensive range of specialties and subspecialties. The hospital will have
the latest technologies in surgery, imaging, telemedicine and electronic medical records. An integrated clinic-hospital design will serve local and international patients in an environment that combines excellent amenities with world-class medical care.
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi will provide a number of career opportunities, and the medical professionals will receive ongoing training directly from Cleveland Clinic.