Senior Accountant / Asst Finance Manager
A Leading Group of Companies
1. Primary responsibility is to prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedules
2. Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures
3. Analyze revenues and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
4. Prepare monthly inter company reconciliations and reconcile balances on monthly basis, maintain and balance inter company accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions, resolving discrepancies.
5. Analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
6. Preparation and analysis of periodic financial information including:
• management accounts;
• cash flow;
• internal management reporting;
• variance analysis and commentary.
7. Managing the preparation of quarterly balance sheet and income statement schedules.
8. Assisting with the month end closing process and journal entry adjustments.
9. Supporting the Finance Manager with annual audit preparations
10. Other projects as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALITIES:
1. Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
2. Strong understanding of accounting theory
3. 5+ years accounting/finance experience
4. Highly detail oriented and organized in work
5. Ability to meet assigned deadlines
6. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
7. Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
8. Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office applications
9. Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
10. Good understanding of business and financial issues.
11. High level of financial problem solving skills.
12. Excellent communication skills.
13. Ability to work effectively and sensitively as part of a team to achieve success.
14. Proactive manner, ability to use own initiative, and willingness to accept responsibility.
15. Ability to multi-task and manage a varied workload.
16. Process focussed and methodical manner, with a high level of attention to detail
17. Ability to work with all levels of staff within the organisation
About the Company
About the Company
A leading group of companies.