SAM – Secure Competence
A Canadian company engaged in Exploration and Production of Oil & Gas in the state of Puntland (Somalia), seeks to appoint an experienced Senior Accountant during their Drilling Operations in Bosaso, Puntland (Somalia).
The Senior Accountant will be based in Bosaso, Puntland (Somalia) but will be required to visit the drilling sites whenever needed and other locations within the state of Puntland where community development projects are set up by the Company.
Travel to the Company’s Regional Office Ethiopia will be arranged for the Senior Accountant for updates and discussions as required.
The Bosaso based Senior Accountant will have the following job responsibilities:
- Ensuring compliance with the Company’s internal control policies and regulations.
- Administering and closely monitoring all related financial affairs of the Company in the State of Puntland to ensure no misconduct or any financial violation of the Company’s Financial Code of Conduct with regards to local contractors and service providers.
- Supervising local accountants, including overseeing accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll functions, purchase and service orders, check requests, and employee advances; verify expenditure requests against budget, bank reconciliations, monthly payroll, fixed assets database accounts and performing creditor’s account reconciliations.
- Ensuring maintenance of all local Puntland finance related documents as required by the Company (ie. proper invoices and the necessary supporting documents – timesheets / backup receipts – well addressed, clearly indicating the nature of service rendered of items purchased, etc.).
- Verification of the various local payments against requisitions, orders, timesheets, agreements, etc…
- Dealing with local Contractors and Service Providers on all issues regarding their Invoices, settlements, disputes, etc… in coordination with the Regional Office.
- Preparing checks.
- Posting to the accounting software program.
- Cash management, including preparing monthly fund requests to Regional Office for the following months financial commitments.
- Coordinate cost accounting activities with the Drilling Management and Engineers.
- Determine the proper allocation for cost to the respective cost centers (Exploration Block/License).
- Determine accuracy of distribution of labor, material, and overhead charges.
- Perform volume and rate variance reporting; accuracy of material delivered, used and final level of volume in stock.
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system.
- Prepare and issue monthly financial Expenditure Reports for local Puntland Costs, oversee Petty Cash and Other Financial Registers prepared by the local Accountants.
- Perform other duties as needed by management.
Wages and Package:
- Basic Monthly Fees Gross fee offered will negotiated with the selected candidate, could be in the range be USD 3,500 - USD 4,000, based on the candidates qualifications and experience.
- The Company will provide the Medical/Accident/Life Insurance.
- Accommodation in Bosaso will be at the Company’s Villa or in other suitable Hotel or Guest House as assigned for the Company’s Expat’s.
- The Company will arrange for the necessary Hotel Accommodation during business visit to Addis Ababa or elsewhere.
- The Senior Accountant will claim all related business expenses during business trips and deliver to the Company Management along with all supporting documents. Settlement of periodic claimed expensed will occur following the review and approval of the Company Management.
- The Company will arrange for one round trip flight, for the Senior Accountant, to his country of origin.
Professional Experience and Skills:
The applicant must have the following professional experience and skills:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance and/or be a Certified Public or Chartered Accountant.
- 5 to 7 years of work experience in the accounting or financial field (high preference will be given to candidates with previous work experience in the Upstream Oil & Gas Industry).
- Hard worker, flexible and a proactive team member with strong analytical abilities.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Computer literate – advanced level on Microsoft Applications.
The candidate must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Honest and trustworthy
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
About the Company
About the Company
Schreiner Andersen Management (SAM) is a Danish Executive Recruitment company with an international presence and more than 30 offices around the world. At SAM we want to earn the right to be regarded by our clients and candidates as their TRUSTED ADVISOR whenever and wherever they want to recruit and retain successful people. Throughout our network of over 250 experienced professionals we offer our local clients Global access to the 'right candidates'. From our office in Dubai we provide Executive Search for senior positions and industry specialist throughout the GCC.