Senior Architect – Corporate I.T
Reporting to theÂ Technology Director,the Senior Architect Technical Systems role is to strategically design and implement in-house information systems and networked architectures that support core organizational functions, and assure their high availability. This includes planning and lifecycle management, integration and standards as well as overall ongoing systems management around availability, performance, and capacity, security to drive efficient and effective IT systems to meet the business needs. In addition, the Senior Architect Technical Systems provides technical leadership across the organization, from strategic decision making down to the project planning level.
Strategy & Planning
* Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining corporate systems and software.
* Ensure that proposed and existing systems architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
* Provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to Business Solution Managers, Project Managers, and Software Developers and Operational Support teams.
* Develop, document, and communicate plans for investing in systems architecture, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
* Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
Acquisition & Deployment
* Where applicable, design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
* Document the company's existing systems architecture and technology portfolio; make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
* Review new and existing systems design projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans.
* Confer with end-users, clients, or senior management to define business requirements for complex systems and infrastructure development.
* Model business and systems processes based on findings through use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models.
* Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
* Develop and manage a systems capacity plan.
* Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a policy for standardizing systems and software as necessary.
* Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
* College diploma or university degree in the field of Computer Science/Engineering or Information Systems (Master's degree preferred). Certification in ITIL with certification in TOGAF desirable.
* Certifications in at least 2 mainstream platforms including Microsoft technologies, Network and Switching, Security, Unix/Linux technologies, Voice/Telephony technologies.
* At least 5-10 years work experience.
* Extensive experience in developing strategic systems architecture plans.
* Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
* Proven experience in systems and network design and development.
* Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices.
* In-depth technical knowledge of several systems especially in a highly heterogeneous environment.
* Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards.
* Strong knowledge of software evaluation principles and practices.
* Proven project planning and management experience.
* Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Good working knowledge of ITIL, especially Systems Management practices, ISO 27001 and ISO 9001 best practices and standards and how they are applied to IT.
* Exceptional analytical conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
* Exceptional understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
* Superior written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills.
* Strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
* Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
* Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
* Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
About the Company
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 2,600 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 40,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.