Senior Buyer – Womens Wear – Harvey Nichols
Harvey Nichols was founded in 1813 and is today the UK's premium fashion retailer, renowned both in the UK and internationally for the breadth and depth of its exclusive fashion appeal. It offers many of the world's most prestigious brands in womenswear, menswear, accessories, beauty and home.
Harvey Nichols currently has stores in London, Leeds, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Manchester and Bristol in the UK, Dublin in the Republic of Ireland and internationally Riyadh, Hong Kong, Dubai, Istanbul and Ankara.
You will lead and support brand positioning and build and follow brand budget. You will work in a multifunctional team to drive sales and marketing strategies across Kuwait market.
You will ensure that the brand mix is tailored to the needs of the Kuwait high end market ensuring that there is the right pricing and brand positioning in place. This is an outstanding opportunity to work overseas and join the phenomenal success story that is Alshaya.
To manage the category effectively to meet growth objectives, whilst at the same time ensuring the highest quality of offers to maximize sales & profit as set out in the Business Plan. Ensure the products managed effectively in line with growth objectives and the mission of the store.
* Identify & implement new product offers that will increase competitiveness & differentiation
* Be the key source of product knowledge & information and capable to conduct training sessions for sale staff.
* Identify key suppliers & develop a mutually beneficial business relationship with each
* Maximize delivery of sales & profit in line with growth strategy for the category, including the agreed penetration of brand products & maximizing supplier funding
* Actively seek & communicate Local Market Intelligence, Country learning's & Insights
* Manage all sales plan information in line with the sales plan timetable
* Manage Inventory management(new/exclusive/replacement/discontinued/promotional/seasonal lines)
* Work in partnership with the Supply Chain team to deliver the best Supply Chain processes & services
* Review & implement retail prices that are competitive within the agreed policy.
* Have a constant interaction with customers and the market in general.
* Exceptional interpersonal and analytical skills
* Excellent Negotiation skill and emphatic approach to luxury environment.
* Buying expertise in all genders and possibly high end products
* 5 years retail luxury experience including 3 years in a buying role.
* Middle East experience is not essential but preferable.
* International profile who has worked for luxury brands and/or large size retailers.
* High product sensibility and talent to pick up new fashion trends.
* Ready to travel frequently for overseas buying.
About the Company
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Mothercare, H&M, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, Harvey Nichols, Boots, Starbucks, The Cheesecake Factory, Vision Express, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Pottery Barn and Office Depot. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies.
Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.