Senior Contracts Administrator
• Join the FIFA Infrastructure Boom
• Public Works Government Authority
• Location: Doha, Qatar
The country of Qatar continues to experience substantial construction growth with infrastructure budgets rising to over $120B for infrastructure and road projects by 2016. To support this growth, our client; the public works authority; has created a number of senior management expatriate postings for urgent commencement. With long term prospects providing stability and career development, our employer is looking to recruit an experienced Senior Contracts Administrator to their team to add value in an advisory capacity.
Reporting to Contracts and Procurement Lead and working as part of the Building Affairs team, this candidate will be responsible for the contract administration support for company managed projects as client’s representative including review and processing of monthly payment applications, design and construction claims, and recommendations for response.
Your responsibilities in the role will include to:
• Manage a small team of Contract Administration and Clerical staff who will also provide support for company managed projects
• Assist with preparation of Expression of Interest and Tender documentation.
• Facilitate (and document) the Tender process up to contract award.
• Assist with commercial analysis of Tender submissions and clarifications.
• Conduct administration of design and construction contracts.
• Evaluate and process monthly payment certificates from consultants and contractors.
• Ensure all warranties, guarantees and insurances are in accordance with the contract and company requirements.
• Evaluate variation order requests, compile Variation Orders, and conversion of Engineer’s Instructions to Variation Orders.
• Compile award recommendations to support contract award and Variation Order approvals.
• Facilitate negotiation meetings with consultants and contractors.
• Assist in reviewing and responding to design and construction claims.
• Facilitate the Design and Construction Supervision Consultants to achieve close out of contracts.
• Prepare monthly contract/procurement Status Reports.
• University degree from a recognised university in an appropriate field such as engineering; project management; quantity surveying. Degrees in other relevant fields will also be considered. A minimum of 10 years’ experience in administration of contract and procurement activities for the design and construction of major new building projects.
• Experience in negotiation and management of contract administration from the client side, preferably within a government agency.
• Experience in the assessment of claims and variations on major building projects.
• Have good knowledge and experience of contract processes, particularly payment and project close out activities related to building projects.
• Proficient in English, written and spoken with Arabic being highly regarded.
• Chartered candidates’ status from a recognised institution [E.g. chartership with the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveying (RICS)] will be highly regarded.
• Experience of working in Qatar or the Gulf region is desirable.
An expatriate package and relocation assistance will be provided to attract the top candidates to the role.
To register your application for this exceptional opportunity, please submit your resume online.
IMPORTANT: Your application must include the following information:
• Comprehensive resume listing your full employment history in reverse chronological order.
• Details of projects you have been involved in including project size and value
• List of educational qualifications including where and when completed
• Current daytime contact details
About the Company
About the Company
APG-Global is an Australian-based recruitment and human resource solutions consultancy with a global mind set. Since 1999, APG Global has successfully demonstrated the ability to bring job seekers and clients together worldwide for business optimization. Our key regions of specialisation cover Australia, New Zealand, Asia, China, the Middle East, Far East and Europe.
With solid industry credentials, the APG-Global team focus is on solving executive and professional talent supply issues across borders and cultures. APG-Global headquarters are in the Southport CBD on the Gold Coast of Queensland in Australia – one of the world’s most popular tourist destinations, and the epicenter of high-rise development activity and tourism construction growth in Australia.