Senior Credit Control Officer
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
• Ensure Limit Management, Facility Disbursement/Maintenance of facilities related to Corporate/Commercial/IBD/Islamic Business Unit to ensure the highest level of service standards.
• Ensure adherence of TAT and SLA of CAD without compromising the Credit & Operational Risk involved in the Credit Management Process (CMP).
• Proactively ensure the implementation of SOPs on an ongoing basis to achieve high levels of efficiency without any bottom line impact due to operational loss.
• Coordinate within the team members to ensure the set objectives are met.
• Execute the deliverables of Syndicated/Structured facilities
• Ensure adherence to policy and procedures of the CAD, Credit Division and other units.
• Ensure availability of margins and collateral before disbursement and facility in line within the sanctioned terms/condition.
• Assist Manager-Credit Control Unit in his functional and administrative deliverables as and when warranted.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
Authorize all limits and loan disbursements originating from the assigned portfolio of the respective unit/team and to certify the daily control reports generated out of available systems to ensure accurate implementation and ongoing maintenance of facilities as per the sanctioned terms/conditions.
Ensure complete adherence to the approved/set policies and procedures of the bank by the unit/team members to adequately safeguard bank’s interest by ensuring the correct implementation of limits and disbursement of funds as the case may be.
Identify, initiate and report to RM/CG/IAD under advice to Manager/CCU/Head-CAD about any irregularities, irrespective of its nature/magnitude, whether minor or major whatsoever
One Point Contact’ to refer any problem/exception related to transactions from the processing centers/branches/business unit on a day to day basis. Assess the situation and provide necessary guidance/support to the concerned Delivery Point.
Meticulous monitoring of all securities margin (share, Investments, guarantees) and arranging the top-ups wherever it falls below the specified requirements in order to protect the bank’s risk.
Provide functional/conceptual/technical support to unit member to ensure that technicalities of sanctioned terms and SOP are followed. Proactively involve unit members to adhere to TAT to meet the objectives that is in conformity with credit objectives
Manage and coordinate in implementation of new initiatives/projects for the unit and or Bank as required from time to time.
Background Knowledge & Experience.
Degree/Diploma in Accounting and Finance.
Minimum of 5 to 10 years banking experience, of which at least 5 years should have been in Corporate Credit Administration.
About the Company
About the Company
ADCB was incorporated on 1 July 1985 as a public joint stock company for an unlimited duration in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, UAE. ADCB is registered under the UAE Federal Commercial Companies Law No. (8) of 1984 under registration number 4 and operates in the UAE under a banking licence issued by the Central Bank of the UAE.
ADCB provides a range of consumer and corporate banking, Islamic banking, trade finance, structured finance, foreign exchange, derivatives, and financial advisory services, primarily in the United Arab Emirates. In addition, ADCB’s subsidiary Abu Dhabi commercial Islamic Finance PSC holds an Islamic banking license.
As at 31 December 2010, ADCB operated 47 branches, 4 pay offices and 265 ATMs in the UAE; 4 new branches and 99 new ATMs were added during 2010. ADCB also operated 2 branches in India.