Senior Credit Officer – SME Credit
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
To assess Business/Credit risk within the assigned segment/territory, ensuring proper Risk Mitigation, Structure of limits, Sound Financial Analysis, writing of quality proposals.
Closely work with the SME Business Team to accomplish the SME banking long term goals& meeting the group’s pre-set financial / non-financial objectives.
- Financial Targets
Will not assume any personal financial targets, but will share the overall responsibility of financial targets assigned to the associated SME Business team by linking % of his performance appraisal to it.
- Credit-risk management process governance.
- Quality of proposals/requests processed.
- Processing & turnaround times of proposals/requests as per the agreed SLAs.
- No of approvals/referrals/rejections.
- Account Grading & Rating is in line with the assessed risks, and up-to-date at all times.
- Alignment of structure & pricing of the proposed limits with customers’ financial needs.
- Continuous adherence to the portfolio pricing thresholds.
- Number and quality of proposals/requests processed.
- High standards of customer service.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Attitudes and personal behavior.
- Compliance with ADCB related policies and procedures.
- Key Results
- Protection of banks assets and improving the asset quality of the assigned portfolio.
- Maintaining positive risk-return ratio.
- Effective process governance and risk management.
- Credit Management
- Ensures preparation of quality assessment notes appropriately highlighting relevant risks (e.g. market risk, business risk, and financial risk) and incorporating suitable mitigates, covenants, and term and conditions & making suitable recommendations to the approving authorities.
- Prepares/supervises Credit Appraisal / Assessment Notes, with recommendations to approving authorities.
- Highlight and update the approving authorities of any changes in the risk profile based on important risk indicators (financial, market, transactional, etc.)
- Where a credit decision is required escalates the application to the next authority for direction, review, comment and approval.
- Activities / Operations
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with SME Business team in order to properly assess, understand & satisfy customer needs.
- Adhere and comply with applicable ADCB’s internal policies and procedures, TAT and SLAs as well as governing regulations issued by concerned authorities.
- Cooperate and facilitate work of internal audit within SME credit/risk management to address gaps, and respond to audit reports within agreed deadlines
- Capabilities Development Responsibilities (if required)
- Provide direction, extend support, and share knowledge with the team.
- Bachelors degree
(preferred in Mathematics/Statistics/Accounting/Banking/Finance)
- Masters degree in Finance/Business Administration or equivalent subjects or diploma in Banking desirable/preferred
- Minimum 4 years experience of Business Banking/Corporate Banking/SME of which 2 years in a Credit-Risk related position covering:
- Financial Statement Analysis/Forecasting
- Risk Assessment/Management
- Credit facilities structuring and pricing.
- Specialist Skills/Training required for the Job
- Good risk analysis, management and mitigation skills.
- Effective communicator in any medium, internally and externally
- Determined and self-motivated
- Ability to understand and assess customer financial requirements.
- Team player – inspires and encourages excellent performance in others to achieve common goals
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, presentation and influencing skills.
- Understands legal structures consistent with different type of businesses.
- Sound knowledge of the local market.
- Sound risk awareness
- Knowledge of all related areas of banking, including policies, procedures and legislation.
- Sound analytical, negotiation, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent research/investigative skills.
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability.
- Hands on PC skills, especially spreadsheets and core banking systems.
About the Company
About the Company
ADCB was incorporated on 1 July 1985 as a public joint stock company for an unlimited duration in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, UAE. ADCB is registered under the UAE Federal Commercial Companies Law No. (8) of 1984 under registration number 4 and operates in the UAE under a banking licence issued by the Central Bank of the UAE.
ADCB provides a range of consumer and corporate banking, Islamic banking, trade finance, structured finance, foreign exchange, derivatives, and financial advisory services, primarily in the United Arab Emirates. In addition, ADCB’s subsidiary Abu Dhabi commercial Islamic Finance PSC holds an Islamic banking license.
As at 31 December 2010, ADCB operated 47 branches, 4 pay offices and 265 ATMs in the UAE; 4 new branches and 99 new ATMs were added during 2010. ADCB also operated 2 branches in India.