Senior Development Manager – Hotels and Entertainment
Al Futtaim Group
Senior Development Manager- Hotels and Entertainment - Doha Festival City
Al Futtaim Group Real Estate
Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE) is the real estate development and operations arm of Al-Futtaim Group.Â Headquartered in Dubai, AFGRE is responsible for the origination, conception, development, procurement and construction of multi-billion dollar mega projects and the leasing, sales and operation of these projects after completion, including the Festival City projects . In addition, AFGRE develops and operates an extensive portfolio of individual corporate real estate and investment assets across the MENA region.
Doha Festival City
Joining AFGRE's existing flagship mixed use urban communities of Dubai Festival City (5.2 million square metres) and Cairo Festival City (3 million square metres), is Doha Festival City.Â Developed by Bawabat Al-Shamal Real Estate Company WWL, the $1.6 billion Joint Venture between Al-Futtaim Real Estate Services, Qatar Islamic Bank and Aqar Real Estate Investment, Doha Festival City will be Qatar's largest multipurpose complex covering a site are of 433, 847m2.Â
Conveniently located on the northern highway 20 minutes from Doha International Airport, Doha Festival City will include 320,000m2 of retail and entertainment space, hotels of 40,000m2 and automotive show rooms of 3,000m2. With over 400 unique shopping and dining outlets all interconnected under one roof, Doha Festival City will be a must-visit destination in the region.
With the project at a critical stage we are looking to expand the development team and recruit a Senior Development ManagerÂ - for hotels and entertainment.
Reporting to the Development Director, you willÂ manage all internal and external parties involved in, and responsible for the timely delivery all aspects of the Hospitality (Hotels and Serviced Apartments) within the agreed programme of the Doha Festival City project. Including both Design and Construction Management through to a turn-key handover to the Operator.
Your key responsibilities will include:
The sign-off of the design and operational requirements and specifications from the end-user
Finalisation of the Design incorporating the end-user requirements
* Investigate the market and establish a short list of Contractors with the necessary experience, capability, quality of workmanship and capacity to meet DHFC's Master Programme
* Manage the Development of the Tender Documents (Cold Shell / Turn Key) and tender process to award of contract
* Establish a detailed Project Programme (Hospitality/Hotel) with the successful Contractor - within the DHFC Project Programme
* Manage the development of the commissioning of both the Hotel and Serviced Apartments in association with the End User
The role requires the management of the interface between the project parties - Design(Al Futtaim and external consultants), The Hospitality Precinct End User and the Construction team (Main Contractor and all Sub-contractors - nominated and tendered) to successfully deliver the operational project to the requirements of the End User within Budget and the Master Programme
The skill set required to successfully undertake this role are unique and require strong people management, problem solving and organisational skills, experience and knowledge.
You will need to possess the following:
* Successful completion of Tertiary qualifications is necessary however work experience specific to the requirements of this position are more valued
* Working knowledge and understanding of the requirements of an operating 4-5* Hotel and Service Apartment is essential for this position, along with a diverse knowledge of the construction of both the base building works and the fit-out of the High-rise Hotel towers
* Vast knowledge Hotel and Serviced Apartment design is essential and the successful candidate must be able to display a working understanding of the design and interface between the front of house and back of house operations that maximize the use of available space and flow
* 10 years' minimum experience in Hotel development, with a proven track record of the successful delivery of major developments (including commissioning) is a minimum requirement while experience working with major international Hotel End Users, owners and developers is essential.
* Have direct experience and be able to show a successful history working directly in the area of the Construction and Commissioning of high quality hotels
* Minimum of 5 years work experience within the Middle East - working for both private and/ or public sector clients is seen as highly advantageous
The role requires the successful candidate to have the necessary experience, knowledge and management and personal skills to be able to attend and contribute within high level board meetings (when required), attend and contribute as a senior member of the PCG (project control group) to all high level project management review meetings; attend and contribute to design /construction site and progress meetings;chair project co-ordination meetings.
Applicants who do not meet the above criteria will unfortunately be declined this opportunity.
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.