Senior Development Manager
My client are an internationally recognised Real Estate company based in Jeddah.
My client is seeking a Senior Development Director as an executive level role within the Company’s Development Management Practice.
Projects will cover Residential, Commercial (Office, Industrial or Special Purpose) or the Hospitality sectors, with an emphasis of larger scale mixed use communities. The is role across projects is as development management advisor, with an operating model of working as part of the project sponsor’s in-house development team.
The Senior Development Director will maintain relationships with project sponsors and will oversee project team across projects (three to four projects simultaneously) which are undertaken by the client. Projects will include ones where the client is involved within a specific phase to others where the responsibilities will continue across phases.
The scope of responsibilities includes managing all aspects of the development process including setting of the development concept, drafting of the development business plan, creation of capitalization strategy, procurement of project consultants, and coordination of activities across all project phases.
My clients development management practice brings together the critical business and technical expertise to help its clients, the project sponsors, define and execute on new developments which are commercially viable, attractive to the banking and investment community and well managed from concept through completion. In keeping with this value proposition, we seek a senior level practitioner with the business acumen, creative vision and technical know-how to create highly successful development projects.
While the Senior Development Manager will have responsibilities managing teams across projects, within the context of specific project activities, the individual must exhibit the following abilities:
- Work with the business development team to in a strategic capacity to direct development opportunity, provide input on delivery requirements and efficiently take over project as it transitions to execution phase.
- Maintain executive level relationships with project sponsors.
- Oversee and participate in creation of development concepts, project vision and project business plans.
- Manage design/coordination meetings during pre-development.
- Manage operations/marketing meetings during construction/delivery period; ensure follow-up with appropriate parties as needed with issues that arise.
- Manage and/or assist in the project financing process as requested.
- Work with underwriting team on closing project specific institutional equity transactions.
- Manage the selection and performance of project design, construction, sales and/or leasing and/or management team.
- Manage regular periodic project performance reviews including market analysis/positioning.
- Manage comprehensive tracking of project data for required reporting (construction
progress, budget tracking, sales and/or leasing status, periodic market updates).
The ideal candidate will have:
• A minimum of 10 years of work experience within the real estate sector
• A minimum of 5 years as a Development Manager or Project Coordinator
• A track record of projects which the candidate has managed in the role of Development Manager
• Experience working in an international market
About the Company
About the Company
Based in the UAE, we are a boutique consultancy specialising in executive search and recruitment for organisations across the Middle East.
Our global reach, combined with unrivalled local knowledge and prime location makes us the number one choice for employers looking to fill 'mission critical' roles in the region.
The cornerstone of our business proposition is our complete immersion in the international markets in which we operate, which allows us to provide our clients with absolute attention, professionalism and delivery every time.
With a track record of success throughout the GCC, we are uniquely positioned to provide a solution to your staffing needs.