Senior Electrical Engineer (Building Services/MEP) – Site Based
• Site based Senior/Lead Electrical Engineer on the Northgate project, presently under construction in Doha, Qatar.
• Responsible for ensuring that the quality expectations, budget and programme constraints of the client are respected by the contractor.
• Responsible for managing junior electrical engineering staff and inspectors.
• Being the responsible Electrical Engineer and reporting to the PM.
• Oversee a junior electrical engineer and a electrical inspector
• Advise the project manager of any technical aspects of the mechanical services that may affect construction progress, quality and the like.
• Continually review the contractor’s construction schedule during the progress of site works.
• Review Contractor’s installation method statements.
• Review Contractor’s shop drawings against the design [tender] drawings for compliance with the design intent and return to project manager with appropriate comments / approval.
• Review contractor’s electrical shop drawing in conjunction with the structural and mechanical engineers to ensure engineering co-ordination and advise project manager accordingly
• Review Contractor’s electrical services material proposals against specified technical performance requirements and advise the Project Manager on the appropriateness of the proposals.
• Review Contractor’s proposed sub contractor(s) associated with the structural engineering works from a technical standpoint.
• Undertake general project site observation / inspection of the electrical services works for Contractor’s adherence to the approved shop drawings and Consultant’s specification, good working practices, the construction schedule and health & safety.
• Be available to undertake off-site inspections of proposed equipment and materials as may be deemed necessary by the Project Manager.
• Undertake prior review of Contractor’s proposed electrical system testing & commissioning methods and schedule
• On a spot basis witness electrical system final testing and commissioning.
• Review and comment on Contractor’s testing and commissioning results and advise Project Manager accordingly
• Prepare on-going list of electrical services defects for contractor’s remedial action.
• Undertake final project snagging and prepare list of defects for Contractor’s action.
• Attend project, site progress and any electrical services related technical meetings as directed by the project manager.
• Prepare draft site / engineer’s instructions, relating to the building electrical services, as required and issue to the Project Manager.
• Provide advice to the Project Manager in regard to any electrical services related variation costs that may be claimed by the Contractor during the course of the works.
• Review and comment upon Contractors Operation and Maintenance manuals
• Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer.
• Minimum requirement of HND level education.
• Ideally bachelors degree in Engineering (BEng) or Masters degree in Engineering (MEng).
• Significant relevant experience on site, ideally on large scale projects in the Middle East.
• Retail and mixed-use experience is highly desirable.
About the Company
About the Company
Buro Happold aims to produce high quality engineering design in concept, in detail and in execution, on time, to programme and delivering excellent value for money.
Our distinctive culture and ethos is still based on the same principles of care, value and elegance that were established when the practice was founded.
Our engineering approach is holistic, combining different disciplines in one, integrated team. Our reputation for excellence has grown from the basis that engineering is always viewed as one important component of a project’s overall design solution.
We constantly strive for innovation. Our appreciation of a client’s social, political and economic issues and of architectural and aesthetic qualities makes Buro Happold an ideal partner, helping our range of clients to shape great solutions.