Senior Electrical Engineer (Site Supervision)
Buro Happold India has won a prestigious appointment to provide the project management and contract administration for a new US$45,000,000 development in the heart of New Delhi.
The construction of the project is planned over a 30 month period with a 12 months defect liability period, and Buro Happold's project management team will be approximately 14 strong. The project provides the opportunity to work alongside and learn from leading industry professionals who strive for operational excellence and innovation. Buro Happold has a strong culture of creativity, teamwork, problem solving and an open minded approach to project work; we strongly believe this is why we are an award winning international consultancy.
• Continually review the contractors’ progress of site works and electrical installations to ensure that they are as per the project schedule and design.
• Advise the project manager of any technical aspects of the electrical services that may affect construction progress.
• Ensure the services are being executed in accordance with the project handbook.
• Review Contractor’s installation method statements.
• Review Contractor’s shop drawings against the design [tender] drawings for compliance with the design intent and return to project manager with appropriate comments / approval.
• Review contractor’s electrical shop drawing in conjunction with the structural and electrical engineers to ensure engineering co-ordination and advise project manager accordingly.
• Where required prepare technical clarifications to the tendered design to suit specific on-site construction and co-ordination issues.
• Be available to undertake off-site inspections of proposed equipment and materials as may be deemed necessary by the Project Manager.
• Review Contractor’s electrical services material proposals against specified technical performance requirements and advise the Project Manager on the appropriateness of the proposals.
• Review Contractor’s proposed sub contractor(s) associated with the structural engineering works from a technical standpoint.
• Undertake general project site observation / inspection of the electrical services works for Contractor’s adherence to the approved shop drawings and Consultant’s specification, good working practices and the construction schedule.
• Prepare on-going list of electrical services defects for contractor’s remedial action.
• Undertake prior review of Contractor’s proposed electrical system testing & commissioning methods and schedule.
• On a spot basis witness electrical system final testing and commissioning.
• Review and comment on Contractor’s testing and commissioning results and advise Project Manager accordingly.
• Attend project, site progress and any electrical services related technical meetings as directed by the project manager.
• Review and approve Contractors ‘as built’ drawings.
• In conjunction with the document controller, ensure that the filing/logging of the MEP documentation is undertaken in line with the project handbook and continually monitor the same.
• Monitor Health and Safety of the construction works and report on the same. If required stop the construction works if unsafe practices are being followed.
• Attend project, site progress and any mechanical services related technical meetings as directed by the project manager.
• Prepare draft site / engineer’s instructions, relating to the electrical services, as required and issue to the Project Manager.
• Provide advice to the Project Manager in regard to any electrical services related variation costs that may be claimed by the Contractor during the course of the works.
• Review and comment upon Contractors Operation and Maintenance manuals.
• Advise on long lead in items that may affect construction progress.
• Monitor quality of contractors construction installations.
• Deputize for the Lead MEP Engineers when required.
• Bachelors, and ideally Masters, degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or a relevant subject
• Significant relevant experience post graduation
• Demonstrable experience in the supervision of Electrical services site installation works
• Demonstrable experience of working in multi-disciplinary construction teams
About the Company
About the Company
Buro Happold aims to produce high quality engineering design in concept, in detail and in execution, on time, to programme and delivering excellent value for money.
Our distinctive culture and ethos is still based on the same principles of care, value and elegance that were established when the practice was founded.
Our engineering approach is holistic, combining different disciplines in one, integrated team. Our reputation for excellence has grown from the basis that engineering is always viewed as one important component of a project’s overall design solution.
We constantly strive for innovation. Our appreciation of a client’s social, political and economic issues and of architectural and aesthetic qualities makes Buro Happold an ideal partner, helping our range of clients to shape great solutions.