Senior Estimation Engineer (MEP)
Objective: To play an integral role within the Commercial team and be responsible for the accurate compilation of MEP costs.
Background information : AMMOC is a newly formed General Contracting business focused on the Qatari and Saudi Arabian markets. AMMOC is an Engineer – Procure – Construct (EPC) contractor and currently has commitment for 6 large hotel/retail projects in Qatar. AMMOC specializes in Modern Methods of Construction (MMC), which it uses to deliver projects fast, economically and to a high quality. Currently the Company is recruiting a Commercial team made up of QS and estimation engineers. Initially there will be a team of 6 people:
The team comprises: Senior Quantity Surveyor Estimation Engineer; Senior Estimation Engineer (MEP); Estimation Engineer x 2, Estimation Engineer (MEP); Document Controller/Administrator.
- Manage and motivate the Estimation Engineer(s) (MEP)
- Be proficient in both pre and post contract cost estimation duties;
- Produce budget cost estimates from concept design drawings
- Get cost guidance from suppliers and manufacturers
- Prepare comparison studies based on suppliers quotations
- Obtain accurate pricing for electrical / mechanical / plumbing systems based on detailed design drawing.
- Execute value engineering (VE) studies, based on client budget
- Reach price surety
- Produce tender documents, drawings, & schedules for MEP works
- Produce pre-qualification documents for MEP works
- Correspond and negotiate with suppliers on both technical and commercial aspects of product.
- Work closely with procurement department to deliver pre-contract estimates
- Maintain ISO documentation,
- Keep proper records together with document control
- Build supplier and manufacturers data bank.
- Cross check quantity take offs
Reporting to : Senior Quantity Surveyor/Estimation Engineer
Subordinates : Estimation Engineer (MEP)
Number required : 1
Duration : Permanent
Desired start date : June/July 2012
Probation : 3 months
Working hours : 48 per week, Saturday - Thursday
Travel requirements : Within Qatar
Gross monthly base salary : negotiable
Commission / Bonus : yes
Other Benefits : Company Health Scheme
University qualifications : BSc in Engineering (Electrical/Mechanical)
Other certifications : Certified Cost Consultant or similar an advantage
Previous experience : At least 10 years cost estimation experience
Specialist knowledge : 5 years in Middle East markets. Knowledge of Qatar market very desirable. Experience of high-rise , complex buildings in Middle East
Other Skills : - Team leader
- Good communication skills
- Read, write and speak fluently in English
- Expert level in relevant software: CCS for estimating, Primavera & MS Project for planning and cost control
- Familiarity with FIDIC contract conditions
Language Skills : English
Current Residence : GCC
About the Company
About the Company
AMMOC is a newly formed General Contracting business focused on the Qatari and Saudi Arabian markets. AMMOC is an Engineer – Procure – Construct (EPC) contractor and currently has commitment for 6 large hotel/retail projects in Qatar, the first of which goes on-site in July 2012. AMMOC specializes in Modern Methods of Construction (MMC), which it uses to deliver projects fast, economically and to a high quality. AMMOC has World leading technology, including factory based, modular building technology that allows it to construct buildings of up to 50 storeys, with up to 50% time saving, at a significant cost saving and with high quality standards, when compared to conventional building methodology.