Senior Human Resources Manager – Health & Safety
Emirates Flight Catering
Your responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for the ongoing improvement, implementation and maintenance of the Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
• Responsible for ensuring that work practices and facilities fulfil OHS legal requirements.
• Responsible for monitoring quality and compliance to the system.
• Ensure that robust systems are in place for hazard identification, risk assessment and control.
• Lead the audit program and the development of solutions and management plans.
• Manage, lead and mentor a team of safety professionals.
• Actively promote a positive safety culture.
• Responsible for the maintenance of contractor management programs and for ensuring that all construction projects are managed in accordance with legal and systems requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring that robust incident investigation procedures are implemented and applied.
• Responsible for the collection and analysis of safety data and preparation of periodic reports and scorecards.
• Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of OHS recording systems.
• In conjunction with the Training department carry out regular training needs analysis and ensure that personnel and contractors are compliant with training requirements.
• Responsible for structured communication within the workplace including tool box talks.
• Liaising with external bodies including the Dubai local enforcement authority, airport authorities, safety auditors, insurance auditors and airline officials.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Tertiary qualification in Occupational Health and Safety.
• Proven track record in implementing and managing effective safety systems.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully lead a team of safety professionals.
• Lead auditing experience.
• Proven success in project management and delivery.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong attention to details, ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Strong influencing skills with the ability to engage stakeholders at all levels in a multinational environment.
• Knowledge of the UAE Occupational Health and Safety legislation is an advantage.
• Experience within a catering, manufacturing, logistics or construction industry is advantageous.
About the Company
About the Company
Emirates Flight Catering is 90% owned by Emirates airline, with the remaining share being held by Dubai Civil Aviation. In July 2007, the Company inaugurated its technologically advanced catering facility dedicated to servicing the flights of Emirates airline. The facility, with a built-up area of over 56,000 square metres and the capacity to produce over 115,000 meals per day, is the largest of its kind in the world in terms of volume throughput. It features high levels of automation including a 2.55km long electric monorail system for the transportation of meal carts, a bin conveyor system to transfer clean items from the Warewash area to the Production and Operations Departments, and a vacuum waste system with pipes over 600m in length.
The existing facility was originally commissioned in 1982 and has been continually updated and upgraded since then. The Company also caters to other airlines operating at Dubai International Airport. In total, the Company services over 110 regular airline clients.