After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Senior Hydrologist – Flood Control
• Leading Global Engineering & Development Consultancy
• Location: Nairobi, Kenya
• Excellent Salary Package
Our client is one of the leading global engineering and development consultancies with 25 offices globally and projects completed across 80 countries. Their current operations exist in Asia, Australasia, Africa, the Middle East, India and the Pacific. Their specialty is in water resources development, rail, power generation and transmission, road engineering, irrigation, environmental planning and management, rural, urban and social development, training and capacity building. The firm currently employs 3,800 staff globally and has an international reputation for excellence.
Reporting to the Project Manager our client seeks a Senior Hydrologist / Flood Control to undertake hydrological studies and documentation for hydropower and dam project design and study.
Your duties will include:
• The collection of Data
• Flood frequency analysis (inflow series)
• Preparation of flow duration curve for water resources and energy yield analysis
• Sediment analysis
• Compilation of design/study reports
• Project delivery to meet client’s Terms of Reference
The key attributes for this role include:
• Engineering degree in Civil / Water Resources with a minimum 10 years of practical experience in hydrology and water resources
• Experienced in hydrological / water resources modelling.
• Strong management of Project planning and delivery
• Good communication skills to work effectively within a culturally diverse and multi-disciplinary environment
• Commercial awareness and the ability to furnish reports and to prepare business development materials including proposals whilst working under pressure.
An excellent salary package will be offered to attract proven performers to this outstanding company. To apply, please forward your resume in WORD format.
About the Company
APG-Global is an Australian-based recruitment and human resource solutions consultancy with a global mind set. Since 1999, APG Global has successfully demonstrated the ability to bring job seekers and clients together worldwide for business optimization. Our key regions of specialisation cover Australia, New Zealand, Asia, China, the Middle East, Far East and Europe.
With solid industry credentials, the APG-Global team focus is on solving executive and professional talent supply issues across borders and cultures. APG-Global headquarters are in the Southport CBD on the Gold Coast of Queensland in Australia – one of the world’s most popular tourist destinations, and the epicenter of high-rise development activity and tourism construction growth in Australia.