This position is closed or expired.
See other Legal jobs
Senior Legal Counsel
Majid Al Futtaim Retail
- General corporate, commercial law, drafting complex contracts, litigation oversight, conducting due diligence and managing the external counsels.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for individuals and businesses.
- Analyse the probable outcomes of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents.
- Examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit.
- Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases.
- Advise concerning business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits, or legal rights and obligations.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
- Negotiate settlements of civil disputes.
- Confer with colleagues with specialties in appropriate areas of legal issue to establish and verify bases for legal proceedings.
- Perform administrative and management functions related to the practice of law.
- Prepare legal briefs, opinions and various legal documents.
- Degree in Law, with 7 to 10 years of experience as a qualified lawyer with corporate and private practice.
- Good understanding of merger acquisition practice law.
- Ability to analyze, review and draft contracts and other binding business documents.
- Ability to use legal advice and communicate information to management and to Executive Regional Directors.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and in writing.
- Fluency in English. Arabic or/and French is a plus.
- Reporting to General Counsel.
About the Company
Recognized as one of the most active shopping concept developers throughout the region, the Group first introduced the hypermarket model to the Middle East in 1995. Majid Al Futtaim Retail manages Majid Al Futtaim Hypermarkets, a joint venture company with the world’s second largest retailer Carrefour, and offers shoppers the same quality, variety and value-for-money that have made the brand a household name to millions over the world.
In the last 3 years, Majid Al Futtaim Hypermarket has opened 14 new Stores. In the expansion of Carrefour across the region currently there are 37 hypermarkets in the Middle East. In the coming year of 2010, Majid Al Futtaim Retail expects to open 10 new stores.