Senior Linux System Administrator
Key Result Areas:
- Maintain and manage all aspects of Linux servers maintenance from operating system installation to patch updates on a timely basis – performed when new updates are released and tested before moved to production. Estimated time 8 hours per week
- Update the operational documentation at least once per week for all the Linux servers’ configurations. Estimated time 4 hours per week
- Perform system backup on daily, weekly and monthly basis for all the servers. . Estimated time 4 hours per week
- Monitor, identify, and resolve production capacity, contention and resource deficiencies. Estimated time 5 hours per week
- Research and recommend innovative ways to automate system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale – to be delivered three months after joining. Estimated time 3 hours per week
- Priories weekly issues and address the top faults proactively and under minimum supervision. Estimated time 4 hours per week
- Provide weekly and monthly report related to infrastructure availability as well as other information reporting requirements required. Estimated time 2 hours per week
Key Performance Indicators:
- Close 95% of received issues/problems within defined SLA
- Rollout new releases, patches and upgrades of Linux as per the agreed timelines
- Carry out 80/20 Pareto analysis per quarter and define top 10 issues
- Create minimum of 30 knowledge base entries yearly
- 95% of all Linux servers operational documentation, configurations, procedures and processes should be updated and published
- Maintain an availability of Linux systems of 95% for internal applications and 99% for customer facing Linux system.
- Achieve an internal customer satisfaction index of 90%
- Achieve at least 3 improvements to section's operations and support procedures
Need to know:
- In-depth knowledge of advanced Linux operating system (Red Hat or Ubuntu certification is a plus)
- Working knowledge and experience with programming and shell scripting (e.g. PERL, Python, BASH, AWK, RegEx...etc)
- Working knowledge and understanding of telecom services (e.g. DNS, Mail, Web Hosting, NMS, Database…etc)
- Working knowledge and understanding of Networking (CCNA or CCNP is a plus)
- In-depth knowledge of servers/computers hardware and software
- Able to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences
- Analyze and choose between options where the solution is not always obvious
- Develop project plans and organize own workload on a timescale of 1–3 months
- Adapt to rapidly changing priorities without losing sight of overall plans and priorities
- Negotiate with suppliers when it comes to technical details of solutions and fixes
Once Off Projects
- Create operational documentation of all Linux servers configurations – to be delivered three months after joining, Estimated time 4 weeks.
- Implement a monitoring tool for all the servers and network devices. Estimated time 8-10 weeks.
About the Company
About the Company
Networkers International now fully own SNS Consultancy FZ LLC, so will now be trading as such and is now fully integrated into the 11 country global footprint of Networkers International Plc.
Within the Middle East we continue to offer our clients and candidates extremely high levels of service across the IT, Telecommunications, Engineering, Construction, Energy and Homeland Security sectors, each covered by teams that specialise in their given area.