Senior Manager – Facility Engineering & NOC Operations
The role holder is responsible for the Facilities and NOC/SOC engineering infrastructure ensuring Qtel Data Centre customers are provided with a world class service on a timely basis. The role holder is also responsible for the facility buildings and services currently 4 locations.
The provision of services through Qtel Data Centre will become a major revenue stream in the coming years.Â Physical infrastructure, especially the building and the premises, is an important element of the data storage. Ensuring customers sensitive and confidential information is maintained effectively is of paramount importance; therefore ensuring there are no outages in the power or equipment failures of the infrastructure is the primary focus for this role.
* Responsible for the 24x7x365 site (QDC) infrastructure operations and maintenance.
* Ensure quality standards are maintained and periodic system health checks are precise and factual.
* Ensures the unit meets all customer specifications (SLA) and follows up customer satisfaction on a regular basis
* Maintain the integrity, safety and security to all NOC systems.
* Ensure the unit's compliance with SLA'S as set out by the company for its customers
* Management and contract administration of all customer agreements local and international. (AT&T, STC etc)
* Manage communications and relationships within the organization and with the project team of external consultants, contractors and customers
* Manage the day to day service provision standards through the outsourced provider ensuring that they achieve SLA's agreed with Qtel Data Centre.
* Identify any shortfalls in the service provision and take corrective action to ensure the shortfalls are addressed promptly.
* Management of maintenance contracts and record keeping.
* Ensures thatÂ preventive & corrective maintenance is carried out as per the relevant schedules and achieve KPI targets
* Oversee all maintenance work including routine maintenanceÂ and ensure compliance with statutory regulations including health and safety requirements.
* Provide a professional and reliable Facilities service for all buildings and equipment including the maintenance of office machinery /telephone systems/security/cleaning and security.Â Â
* Preparation, monitoring and control of the budget for Facilities Engineering and NOC Operations
* Oversee new customer installations: rack installation and accessories preparation, (power, raised floor tile cutting, cage installation, cables etc.
* Ensure the efficient maintenance of Generators,Â Air conditioners, Control Panels, MV Panels, UPS System, Lifts, racks etc.
* Planning and installation of new Power, AC and Electrical Projects/QDC.
* Â Identify opportunities for reducing cost of service provision and make recommendations to the Director for inclusion in the overall budget.
* Lead the preparation and formulation ofÂ Facilities procedures ensureÂ documentation is fully implemented andÂ all proposals produced are consistent with agreed policy.
* Is the main point of contact regarding all Facilities matters
* Oversee the provision ofÂ training forÂ all staff and ensure fire and evacuation drills are conducted periodically as per Civil Defence regulations
* Ensures teamsÂ follow policy and procedure and complete all work in line with ISO Quality standards, Process and Work Instructions
* This role is required to comply with the Information Security Policy and ensure QDC operations are in line with the QDC ISMS manual.
* Errors made by this job holder may have major impact on Qatar Data Centre operations, causing loss of revenue and damage of expensive Equipment.
* Ensuring the facilities hosting the infrastructure are maintained effectively has a significant impact on the company's ability to provide hosting services to its customers. Breeches here would have a direct impact on customer data storage and a direct impact on both revenue generation and customer satisfaction.Â
* Errors made here could also leave the company open to legal actions due to potential loss of customer data or breeches in security of the data.
Costs & Profitability
* Manages the unit budget
* Impact on profitability is direct given the nature of this role is to ensure hosting services are provided 24/7 whereby customer data is stored securely and with no losses of data
* Uses own technical skill, utilizing support engineers to identify and resolve problems relating to day to day operations of the network or the facilities.
* More complex problems would be resolved in conjunction with others across the BU
Planning & Organizing
Plans and manages schedules to ensure work is completed on time to meet with planned targets and is fully compliant with SLA'S.
Team working, Coaching/Development & Leadership (Coaching & Leadership applicable to people managers)
* Leads, manages, coaches and develops own team to ensure the highest level of performance at all times.
* Works as part of the management team within QDC
Communicating, negotiating & influencing
* Regular communication across Qtel business, in particular with Service teams, finance, engineering, and within the BU with the Pre-sales solutions teams and the BD's.
* Communicates with outsourced providers to ensure level of service is maintained .
* Builds relationships with internal support departments, and external Suppliers, Contractors/consultants, establishing credible professional relationships
Takes appropriate decisions independently to ensure that the security and integrity of QDC assets is not compromised.
Day to decisions relating to operational issues or sub-contractor performance are resolved by the role holder.
More complex decisions or ones with a strategic impact are taken in conjunction with others
* Quality of all NOC systems and services
* Monitoring/ technical indicators
* Maintaining & monitoring the quality of all NOC systems and services.
* Â Meet all SLA'S.
* Achieve Maintenance Targets
Audit Points v Time to Resolve
About the Company
About the Company
Ooredoo, formerly known as Qatar Telecom (Qtel), is a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and South-East Asia. As a community-focused company, Ooredoo is guided by its vision of enriching people’s lives and its belief that it can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential. Ooredoo has a presence in Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Algeria, Tunisia, Iraq, Palestine, the Maldives and Indonesia. Ooredoo’s shares are listed on the Qatar Exchange and the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange.