Senior Manager – Product Management (Mobile Money)
* The role holder is responsible for directing all aspects of the Qtel Money product portfolio of services. Responsibility for the strategy, development, management and promotion of all products including end to end project management new initiatives and improvements.
* To supports Qtel's corporate intent to the number one telecommunications brand who provide Financial services in Qatar.
* Qtel has launched several financial services in Qatar including Qtel Mobile Money and NFC credit card services in order to help it achieve its vision of being a truly customer focused
* The role holder is accountable for annual revenue target with product management and development of over QR150m in the next 3 years.
* Qtel is about to further reach into a landscape where banks and other financial services companies have been competing for years - leveraging best practise and developing robust, simple and successful propositions which address well researched consumer segments.
* Direct, drive and implement the Qtel Money product strategy and portfolio including the management of development, launch, promotion and improvement activities.
* Develop and launch marketing promotions to deliver business unit revenue, profit and quality targets
* Responsible for identifying, evaluating and prioritising product development opportunities to deliver value to key customer segments.
* Make decisions for any developments, changes (planned or unplanned) within the Qtel Money organization that materially impact the product portfolio
* Drive product innovation and new revenue streams across the portfolio.
* Responsible for managing the technical launch of identified products and services within the allocated time.
* Responsible for ensuring that the businesses product deliverables are adequately resourced.
* Responsible for creating a dynamic and high performing team that thrives in a competitive environment.
* Responsible for guidance and support for team professional growth
* Responsible for delivering innovation and leadership within the domestic marketplace to assist in Qtel's objectives of being a truly customer focused organization
* Provide leadership that shape and deliver strategies and tactics that defend market share, grow Qtel's value share and help drive loyalty and retention in both financial and telecoms services.
* This role is paramount to delivering and maintaining a competitive and reliable financial product portfolio for Qtel in the financial services sector in Qatar.
* Significant contribution to success will be establishing positive, trustworthy and robust brand and product perception in this new business area through the delivery of a detailed and focused strategy.
Costs & Profitability
* Responsible for managing and owning the Qtel Money product development budget and associated projects.
* Optimize resources and indentify areas where cost savings can be realized.
* Implement a problem resolution strategy and plan resource allocation aiming to minimize problem resolution time.
* Work with business units/corporate centres to resolve complex problems involving multiple stakeholders.
* Ensure issues are resolved within agreed timeframes.
Planning & Organizing
* Develop plans and procedures to implement activities to improve quality and efficiency of the business unit.
* Manage and communicate project plans to internal and external stakeholders.
* Track product performance in line with BU score card.
Team working, Coaching/Development & Leadership
* Provide leadership, direction, planning and unity of purpose to staff in the department.
* Regularly communicate organizational decisions and policies and BU strategy with staff.
* Key interface with core corporate functions - Contracts, HR, CS
* Provide motivation and commitment through visible and effective leadership.
Communicating, negotiating & influencing
* Establish and manage multiple cross-functional relationships, coordination and communication lines with all business unit functions in relation to the development, test and launch of Qtel Money services.
* Work with significant internal & external stakeholders to establish and enhance Qtel Money's brand image across all customer audiences
* Authority to take all operational and promotional decisions pertaining to the Qtel Money product portfolio.
* Work with Director Qtel Money and CMO, in all matters pertaining to the strategy and improvement of Qtel Money products and services.
* Product level revenue, cost, profit and quality targets
* Manage within the development and operational budget
* Project, developments, promotions and improvements delivered on time and on budget
About the Company
About the Company
Ooredoo, formerly known as Qatar Telecom (Qtel), is a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and South-East Asia. As a community-focused company, Ooredoo is guided by its vision of enriching people’s lives and its belief that it can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential. Ooredoo has a presence in Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Algeria, Tunisia, Iraq, Palestine, the Maldives and Indonesia. Ooredoo’s shares are listed on the Qatar Exchange and the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange.