Senior Manager – Treasury
FUNCTIONAL TITLE: Senior Manager - Treasury
REPORTING TO: Group Head - Treasury
CORPORATE TITLE: Senior Manager/ AVP
REPORTING TO: Country Head-Qatar
To manage a profitable interest rate derivatives sales business, improving market share and maintaining consistency with the Bank's solution driven approach to client Treasury transactions. To leverage off existing relationships, develop new ones and be the Interest Rates "centre of expertise" for both asset and liability side transactions
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Undertake daily Treasury activities both internationally and locally. Ensuring maximum spread between inter bank borrowing and lending.
- Develop and maintain interbank relationship with Qatar banks
- Utilizes surplus funds to maximize potential benefit for bank (Qatar Branch). Acts as the funding arm of the bank/branch.
- Knowledge of Funds Transfer Pricing, ability to analyze the same and make positive spreads for the bank/branch.
- Understand and analyze bank/branch balance sheet and management of maturity gaps and interest rate risk.
- Work with wide range of corporate customers, government and quasi government department and HNW individuals to acquire new/existing deposits. Coordinating and acquiring FD rates from H/O Treasury.
- Understand the regulatory requirements of the Qatar (QCB/QFC/QFRA) and ensure smooth functioning without any breaches.
- Knowledge of Islamic banking products like Murabaha, Wakala and SBLC Structured commodity Murabaha deposits.
- Grow the Qatar client sales business through profitable relationships that will meet & exceed budgets set. Maintain an evolving portfolio of potential new clients to supplement revenue shortfalls from existing clients. Work closely with Structuring and Trading for all product and pricing matters.
- Identify key personnel and decision makers within the existing and target client base and produce a clear revenue driven product strategy, tailored to client buying criteria, risk appetite and recognising all hurdles to closing transactions. Agree strategy with the Relationship Management function
- Manage the sales process for all client relationships, working closely with Head Office Sales Desks (Interest Rates, Commodities, FX, Investor Products) where dealing is across asset class, including call planning, reporting & follow-up, detailed revenue projections & co-ordination with the Relationship Managers
- Produce customer focused, solution driven presentations to clients, supported by new product ideas generated by the Structuring desk. Manage the iterative process generated by these presentations such that a win/win solution is ultimately delivered to the client for execution
- Ensure an up to date transaction pipeline is always in place for incorporation in a regular review of all client sales activity. Ensure content is accurate and any credit limitations, documentation and other factors have been taken into account when projecting transactional revenue impact
- Work closely with the Structuring Desk for all Term Sheets required to document transaction details during the sales process and prior to transaction execution. Ensure all Term Sheets contain full disclosure of transactional risks and scenario analysis.
- Work with Legal Department and own the commercial negotiation of all ISDA documentation. Follow established procedures for input from other stakeholders in the process (Risk Management, Relationship Management, Operations, Credit) and drive early closure to maximise client trading
- Contribute to the new product development process through regular feedback to the Structuring desk covering developing client trends and knowledge of transactions that have been successfully executed by other banks.
- Produce input for inclusion in the credit limits approval process as required and in the prescribed format. Ensure that the Relationship Management function is appropriately appraised of all aspects surrounding the need for additional limits and provide additional information if necessary
- Stay abreast of developments across all financial markets as the basis for pro-actively updating clients and responding to any specific enquiries. Display a professional, knowledgeable and service driven approach at all times, delivering to deadlines set and contributing to brand development
- Contribute to the development of the Treasury Sales business through constructive input into strategy, procedures, operational processes, marketing initiatives and any other aspect of client related transactions that produces value add and an immediate, medium or long term revenue impact.
Head Office Treasury, Credit Department, Corporate Relationship Managers, Legal, Risk Management Unit, Operations, Wealth Management.
Corporate Clients, Banks.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Revenue achieved
- Client call volumes, delivery against Action Items and transactional success ratio
- Documentation executed and limits proposals approved
- Employee Engagement Score
- Retention rate of key talent
- Training man-days of staff
- Operations and Market Risk within prescribed limits
- Degree plus MBA/CPA/CFA preferred.
- Strong mathematical background.
At least 10 years experience
About the Company
About the Company
Binding Partnerships is an exceptional provider of executive search and bespoke recruitment solutions.
With offices located in Dubai and Abu Dhabi we are perfectly positioned to service the growing needs of clients and candidates across the Middle East.
By working in partnership with both our clients and candidates, listening to their needs, researching and then offering confidential, practical and informed advice and solutions we are able to build long-term relationships with the professionals with whom we work.