Senior Merchandiser – Victoria's Secrets
Today, Victoria's Secret is the leading specialist retailer of lingerie and beauty products, dominating the market with modern, fashion-inspired collections, fragrances, cosmetics, celebrated supermodels and world-famous runway shows and creating products on the forefront of fashion and innovation. The vision of the business is to create a brand with high emotional content that makes woman feel alluring, so sophisticated and forever young - It is all about her!
Plan stock/intake requirements to meet the budgeted sales. Manage the range building and/or selection/buying process of ranges. Maintain gross profit on purchases and/or net profit on sales in line with overall Business expectations.
* Manage Business planning & ongoing planning of merchandise & forecasting of sales, subsequently accountable for sales / margin measurement.
* Decide product procurement through host brand range reviews or direct negotiation, including in season buys.
* Assess store execution of merchandising plans, recommend optimum space management options (where applicable) based on store trends / category sales performance.
* Recommend retail pricing levels, decide sale lines & mark down percentage strategy
* Develop relationships with internal/ external contacts, and assess appropriate & critical information.
* Identify /plan promotional events, & deliver in consultation with Operations & VM`s
* Coach & monitor performance of merchandise team within brand. Supervise their activities, maintaining brand & latest fashion trend awareness.
* Pro-actively utilize available software/ systems & identify improvements / requirements for further action.
* Manage / maintain stock file accuracy with a focus on auditable elements.
Skills & Experience:
* Team management
* Willingness & ability to travel
* Proficient in IT especially Excel
* 2-3 years merchandising experience
* Merchandising systems
* English essential, Arabic preferred
* Retail business and commerciality
About the Company
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Mothercare, H&M, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, Harvey Nichols, Boots, Starbucks, The Cheesecake Factory, Vision Express, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Pottery Barn and Office Depot. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies.
Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.