Senior Network Engineer – Voice – Enterprise IT
Al Futtaim Group
Senior Network Engineer - Voice - Enterprise IT - Infrastructure and Operations
The Enterprise IT is responsible for creating, implementing and sustaining a world-class service provision and agile development capability to facilitate the ambitious growth and business transformation agenda of the Al Futtaim Group across all geographies. This covers Business Application Management, Infrastructure & Operations, Enterprise Architecture, Service Management, Information Security, IT Procurement and IT Governance. EIT also manages and innovates the entire life-cycles of a SAP ERP system for amongst others Automotive, Retail, Real Estate and Financial Services including development, selective outsourcing and application management. The Group Infrastructure includes data centers hosting state of the art servers & storage, converged networks, workplace, services and security systems.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Network Engineer - Voice, based in Dubai, reporting to the Network Manager.
The Duties and ResponsibilitiesÂ will include:
* Contributing to the overall success ofÂ the enterprise by managing Al Futtaim Group's Voice Infrastructure
* Performing proactive measures and maintenance outside of business hours, following the company's change management and operational procedures.
* Provide level 3 support and speedy resolution for PABX related problems escalated by service desk and support engineers.
* Participates in the Infrastructure projects and evaluate various telephony solutions.
* Analyze, design, test, document, implement global voice solutions and converged voice technologies.
* Provide regular analysis of PABX systems and service performance and make recommendations for improvement or redesign as needed.
* Establish operational best practice and standard operating procedure for deployment, support and management.
The Ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
* 6+ years of experience in engineering or supporting large scale production voice networks in anÂ enterprise
* 3 + years of hands on experience in advanced configurations with enterprise voice systems
* Must have in-depth knowledge of IP telephony (Alcatel Lucent or Cisco), VOIP technologies, VOIP trunks, VOIP gateways, Wireless and an expert of Voice convergence
* Experience in implementing global dial plan and unified messaging in large enterprise environment
* Experience in traffic analysis, voice and wireless network design and dimensioning
* Must possess excellent communication skills (oral and written) and technical understanding to take complex technical concepts and present them to a range of technical and non-technical audiences
* Understanding of the various carrier services and their use
* Understanding of industry standards and government regulations relevant to telecommunications
* Must have full voice project lifecycle experience including gathering requirements, design, test, documentation, configuration and maintenance
* Self-starter with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with little or no supervision
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Highly motivated and strong team player
* CCIE -Voice or ACSE, ACFE - Enterprise Voice certification from Cisco or ALCATEL is a must
* Degree or diploma in telecommunication or related discipline
* UAE driving license - preferred
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.