Senior Quality Analyst (Roaming)
* Systems supervision through monitoring of the Roaming Traffic (Inbound& Outbound), International Roaming links, Related Roaming Monitoring Tools and other roaming services.
* Ensure high roaming service quality for top Roaming Partners.
Ensure Inbound and Outbound customers receive the highest level of roaming service at all times.
Roaming QoS Monitoring service gives telecom operators a clear and up-to-date view on the actual situation of their roaming partner network.
Roaming business is one of the revenue streams to Qtel and it is growing tremendously. The concerned Business Unit is responsible in managing advanced monitoring team that enables Qtel to view network behaviour and performance from the viewpoint of the roaming subscriber (Inbound & Outbound) for various services across GSM and 3G Networks.Overview:
* To monitor, alarm, analyze and derive statistical information on C7/SS7 MTP, TUP, ISUP, SCCP, TCAP, CAMEL CAP1/2/3/4, INAP-CS1(CS1+), INAP-CS2, MAP v1/v2/v3/v4, SIGTRAN, IP based networks and IP monitoring for GPRS backbone, SMPP (Short Message Point to Point protocol) & WAP (WSP & WTP) protocol)
* Thorough understanding and analysis of various requirements for Roaming Quality systems and impacts on the various systems which interacts with Roaming Quality system.
* Monitor and analyse Roaming Traffic, Service Quality, Fault Management, Alarms and performance of the related switches/ Applications.
* To monitor Roaming GSM/GPRS Location Update Success Rate.
* To monitor Data Roaming/PDP context success rate for Inbound and Outbound.
* To monitor the Roamer Count registered in Qtel's network Per VLR, Country, and Operator
* To monitor the No of SMS MO/MT & MMS MO/MT (Delivered, Pending, Failed, SMS Failure Reason)
* To monitor Inbound traffic in any specific VLR /SGSN.
* To ensure seamless roaming services for high profile subscribers by monitoring the roaming performance for selected Groups.
* To detect for any Roaming Steering or anti-steering attempts & generate the necessary alarms and report with related traces users/groups.
* To monitor and inform (Alarm & Report) when an inbound roamer is lost to a competitor network and to understand if competitor networks are forcing inbound roamers for UL registration
* To carry out roaming faults and complaint rectification and to inform the concerned of any such roaming irregularities.
* To investigate on the repeated faults / complaints occurrence history and to proposes actions / solutions in conjunction with the high management to arrive to a permanent solution.
* To administer and support roaming service with internal departments and inter-work with roaming partners to ensure best roaming coverage and quality.
* To generates periodic roaming quality reports.
* The role is important for Qtel to maintain the existing roaming services by providing excellent quality.
* Needs a good understanding of the business aspects of the roaming services.
Costs & Profitability:
* Contribute to and participate in revenue assurance activities related to roaming services.
* The role holder shall identify and report problems that do or will impact the performance of his/her duties or the roaming service in general.
* When such problems occur, the role holder shall propose alternative means to resolve the issues.
Planning & Organizing:
* The role holder will be responsible for planning his/her own work according to priorities and objectives decided by the Business Unit.
* Must coordinate with other related departments in Qtel as required to complete the work according to schedule.
Minimum Experience & Essential Knowledge:
* Minimum 5 years experience in International Roaming/IREG fields, and traffic analysis related services.
* Good knowledge in SS7, SCCP, MAP, ISUP, SIGTRAN.
* Good knowledge in GSM and 3G Networks for Voice, CAMEL, SMS, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS and HSPA Services.
* Good Knowledge in STP/MSC/HLR/VLR/IN/SGSN systems/nodes.
* Good knowledge in Roaming KPIs measurements, GRQ, and GSMA related standards and documents.
* Good knowledge about ITU-T related standards applicable to Telecommunication Traffic and 3GPP-standard procedures
Minimum Entry Qualifications:
Bachelor degree in Telecommunications / Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
About the Company
About the Company
Ooredoo, formerly known as Qatar Telecom (Qtel), is a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and South-East Asia. As a community-focused company, Ooredoo is guided by its vision of enriching people’s lives and its belief that it can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential. Ooredoo has a presence in Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Algeria, Tunisia, Iraq, Palestine, the Maldives and Indonesia. Ooredoo’s shares are listed on the Qatar Exchange and the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange.