Senior Quality Analyst – Voice & Data
Responsible for monitoring and managing Quality of International services for System Performance, Voice, Data and Signallingwithin the Wholesale &International Services BU to ensure that international customers have the best quality of service to meet their needs.
International BU plays a significant part of revenue generation for Qtel and therefore ensuring the quality of service provision is given 24/7 is important.Â This unit measures that quality on a continuous basis and provides information on which decisions can be made about system improvementsOverview:
* Ensure that the analysis of the international traffic performance reports is carried out and the report analysed and reported to highlight any issues.
* Recommend any corrective actions, and distributed on a daily basis to all managers within the unit.
* Monitoring of the carriers using for voice traffic, SS7, SIGTRAN, SIP, signalling network systems and supporting the Quality of Service Performance Management.
* Monitor and analyse traffic data, service quality, fault management, alarms and performance of the switches.
* Prepare Grade of Service Reports on a regular basis
* Maintain full records of all identified faults, in order to be able to provide historic data or track repeated faults so as to notify engineering to help them in identifying areas in the network which require improvement or solutions.
* Carry out all pre/post routing implementation impact analysis and routine tasks.
* Carry out all kind of testing for new and existing services.
* Undertake & resolve customer complaint, identifying a process which would â€˜trouble ticket' or highlight to Senior Engineer any major or abnormal faults in Signalling Quality.
* Carry out monthly quality reports for SCE dash-board and ictQatar.
* Carry out work on Internal/External auditing records.
* Monitor IP traffic and SLAs for International capacity & data links
* Identify and make recommendations for Improvements required to the Engineering Team in order to maintain the performance levels against the predetermined KPI's.
* Develop, set-up, implement, monitor and maintain a monitoring system which can monitor the Engineering Performance KPI's in order for the information generated to be useable.
* Manage the building and maintaining of effective and efficient policies and processes for the Engineering KPI's Quality of Service management.
* Prepare variety of analysis, studies, plans, presentations, reports for the Senior Management to use in the decision making process for anything related to network or service quality.
* Manage and monitor the fault and customer complaint resolution, identifying a process which would 'trouble ticket' or highlight major or abnormal faults in Voice, System Performance, Voice Quality of Signalling Quality to senior management.Â
* This role is responsible for monitoring quality and performance which could potentially identify areas that would lead to loss of revenue for voice , data and signalling services.
Costs & Profitability:
* Poor quality of service will impact profitability be limiting revenue generation.
* Contribute to and participate in revenue assurance activities related to Voice & Data Services
* This rolewill identify and report problems that impact the performance of the Voice & Data services.
* Ensure all problems are reported and resolved.
Planning & Organizing:
* Planning and organising will revolve around setting up processes for monitoring and recording network.
Faults and performance.
Minimum Experience & Essential Knowledge
* 5 years of work experience
* Experience in international switching, route analysis, charging, traffic analysis, IP network management. Working Knowledge in NGN systems.
* Knowledge of VOIP,STP and SCCP
* Knowledge and technical understating of backup/ system recovery.
* Working knowledge in SS7 Signalling networks, SIGTRAN, H 323, and SIP, transmission, Data and ISP
* Working knowledge of Traffic Engineering.
* Working knowledge about ITU-T related standards applicable to Telecommunication Traffic
* Extensive knowledge of engineering networks, transmission, Data and ISP
* Excellent knowledge of any Switching Traffic reporting and analysis Tools and related software
Minimum Entry Qualifications:
* Bachelor Degree in Telecommunications or Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
About the Company
About the Company
Ooredoo, formerly known as Qatar Telecom (Qtel), is a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and South-East Asia. As a community-focused company, Ooredoo is guided by its vision of enriching people’s lives and its belief that it can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential. Ooredoo has a presence in Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Algeria, Tunisia, Iraq, Palestine, the Maldives and Indonesia. Ooredoo’s shares are listed on the Qatar Exchange and the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange.