Senior Relationship Manager – Multinational Business
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
Dubai / Abu Dhabi, UAE
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Will be responsible for achieving personal targets assigned by the respective Unit Manager
• Income and volumes of sales generated.
• Achieving own sales quota (product/volume).
• Increase depth and breadth of Relationship with existing customers.
• Level of non-performing assets.
• Up-selling and cross-selling levels.
• Number of new acquisitions.
• Increased business from existing customers.
• Utilization of limits.
• Selling across the entire product line against predefined targets.
• Number of customer complaints.
• Level of customer retention.
• Number of generated prospects and leads.
• Number and quality of Credit Applications processed.
• Response & turnaround times of customer requests.
• Assigned portfolio’s limits are valid at all times.
• Account Grading & Rating is in line with the assessed risks, and up-to-date at all times.
• Maintaining high standards of customer service.
• Adherence to predefined management best practices.
• Customer satisfaction levels.
• Attitudes and personal behavior.
• Alignment of structure & pricing of the proposed limits with customers’ needs
• Compliance with ADCB related policies and procedures and Business Banking standards in structuring & pricing of limits
• Increased sales volumes / market share in target market.
• Increased profit margins.
• Better market penetration.
• Establishment of an efficient customer-focused approach representing a strong competitive edge.
• Effective work processing and risk management.
• Improved territorial coverage and customer reach.
• Increased customer satisfaction.
• Increase share of high end market and quality business within assigned segment.
• Improved portfolio quality.
• Protecting the bank’s assets and public image
• Maintaining positive risk-return ratio.
• Minimizing one-off transactions by adequately structuring customer limits
• Effective process governance and risk management.
- Performance Objectives and Sales activities
• Set personal sales plan agree it with the team leader and work towards achieving it.
• Achieve assigned personal targets (product/volume/segment) in a consistent and competent manner.
• Establish and maintain a working rapport with customers by providing expertise in identifying their financial needs and the deployment of bank’s products and services to the fulfilment of these needs.
• Investigate & evaluate solutions which meets the client’s organization requirements
• Provide customers with accurate and timely information on ADCB products and reveal the benefits affecting their businesses. Keep customers and prospects updated on new products and services.
• Plan customers’ relationships in compliance with applicable polices and sales objectives.
• Actively source business from prospects and follow up on sales leads within designated market segments.
• Plan calls via calling schedules and submit relevant call reports and correspondence.
• Identify and forward sales leads to other areas in the bank for cross-selling (HNW, PBU, RBG, etc.)
• Coordinate with product managers / specialists on promoting bank’s products.
- Risk Management
• Responsible to assess credit risk, set and structure limits.
• Assess the financial and business risks involved in lending to particular businesses, mainly by looking at the company's competitive position within its industry, its strategic direction, management quality, and financial profile
• Identify and analyze the areas of potential risk threatening the assets, earning capacity, or success of organizations in various business fields.
• Perform analysis to determine credit worthiness and recommend appropriate credit limits.
• Ensure that customer limits are valid at all times.
• Prepare quality Credit Applications appropriately highlighting relevant risks (e.g. market risk, business risk, financial risk) and incorporating suitable mitigates, covenants, and term and conditions.
• Recognize and escalate early warning signals of unsatisfactory account conduct.
• Pro-actively manage the assigned portfolio risk by ensuring timely renewal of accounts within the applicable time standards, provided all required information is available.
- Profitability & Expense Control
• Ensure effective utilization of limits in order to maximize profitability.
• Identify loss making customers and recommend ways
to improve their profitability (cross-selling, up-selling or encourage to leave - Exit).
• Continuously seek to increase revenue margins from customers.
• Recognize early warning signals of unsatisfactory account conduct, and pursue the collection of past due loans.
Customer / Market Responsibilities
- Customer Service & Service Level
• Track customer satisfaction and solicit feedback to identify improvement opportunities.
• Adhere to customer service standards set by management.
• Visit customers on regular basis to strengthen business relationships, ascertain customer needs and extend proper service.
• Receive customers and address their requests and complaints in a timely manner.
• Whenever needed, contact customer service groups and processing units to ensure satisfactory service standards are met.
• Take personal responsibility to provide assistance in customers’ complex issues.
• Ensure customer-focused approach on transactions at all times.
- Market trends/ Competitor Review
• Interact with customers to obtain their feedback on ADCB image, products & services, and identify issues that require action.
• Monitor and report competitors’ activities and strategies (products offered, selling strategies, coverage etc.) and relay market trends and developments to management.
• Maintain a thorough familiarity of other banks’ products and services to deal with arguments raised by customers and prospects in daily interactions.
Operations and Process Responsibilities
- Risk Management
• Promptly understand the business issues and financial challenges of client's organization and industry.
• Ensure that customers’ financial needs are properly identified & formulation of written proposals initiated to satisfy these needs with banks products within the general guidelines of Business Banking. Review credit analysis and add high standard qualitative comments.
• Identify client organization's strengths and weaknesses and suggest areas of improvement.
• Jointly with respective Team Leader, asses risk and make pertinent recommendations in line with ADCB’s applicable policies.
-Activities / Operations
• Discuss credit packages with respective Team Leader and approving authorities if needed.
• Prepare variety of management reports and correspondence including, but not limited to: data reports on activities, results, market acceptance of bank products, market needs … etc.
• Establish and maintain a close working relationship with Credit Division/Credit Administration.
• Understand customers’ financial needs & initiate formulation of written proposals to fulfill these needs with bank’s products within the general guidelines of Business Banking and regulating authorities; review credit analysis and add high standard qualitative comments.
• Adhere and comply with ADCB’s internal applicable policies and procedures as well as governing regulations issued by concerned authorities.
• Cooperate and facilitate work of internal audit and risk management to address gaps, and respond to audit reports within agreed deadlines.
• Monitor money laundering activities, and coordinate remedial actions with management.
•Fill-in for the UM in his/her absence.
Capabilities Development Responsibilities
- Staff Development
• Mentor and coach peers as needed and directed.
• Provide direction, extend support, and pass knowledge for less experienced staff.
• Share best practices with other peers and colleagues.
• Participate in formal training activities
- Self Development
• Prepare a self-development plan, agree it with the Team Leader, and work progressively towards achieving it.
• Attend training sessions as planned by management.
• Seek best practices from other peers and colleagues.
• Maintain the stature of the Bank in the community
• Display ADCB team spirit by supporting other teams in the area and head office as needed.
Minimum Education Level
• Bachelor's Degree in a relevant subject (business, accounting & finance)
•Master's degree in relevant subjects or Diploma in Banking preferred.
Minimum of 5-6 years experience of corporate banking. Prior experience of handling MNC clients would be preferred.
Specialist Skills/Training required for the Job
• Distinguished sales skills and appropriate exposure to modern sales practices & techniques.
• Effective communicator in any medium, internally and externally.
• Team player – inspires and encourages excellent performance in others to achieve common goals.
• Sound analytical, negotiation, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Sound knowledge of the local market.
• Determined and self-motivated.
• Understands legal structures consistent with different type of businesses.
• Appropriate risk awareness.
• Knowledge of all related areas of banking, including policies, procedures and legislation.
• Cultural sensitivity and adaptability.
• Hands on PC skills, especially spreadsheets and core banking systems.
About the Company
Founded in 1985, ADCB employs more than 4,000 staff from 62 nationalities, serving over 600,000 retail customers, and approximately 50,000 corporate and SME clients. The bank operates in 48 branches, 4 pay offices, 2 branches in India, 1 branch in Jersey and a representative office in London. By the end of March 2015, the total assets of ADCB amounted to AED 207 billion.
ADCB is a full-service commercial bank that offers a wide range of products and services including retail banking, wealth management, private banking, corporate banking, commercial banking, cash management, investment banking, corporate finance, foreign exchange, interest rate, currency derivatives, Islamic products, project finance and property management services.
ADCB is 58.08% owned by Abu Dhabi Investment Council, the investment arm of the Government of Abu Dhabi. The banks shares are traded on the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange. By the end of March 2015, excluding treasury shares, ADCBs market capitalization was AED 34 bn .