Senior SME CAD Officer – SME Document Vetting
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
Ensures security documentation for newly approved facilities and renewal of existing ones is complete, is in compliance with Bank policies, and is per the terms and conditions of the approving authorities to guarantee Bank’s risk exposure is adequately covered at all times.
Check and signs security /charge documents prepared by Officers if the Credit facility is within the outlined discretion. Should have thorough knowledge of Arabic language and interpretation of Arabic Documents from legal perspective.
• Ensures facilities for SME accounts have been approved within approving authorities’ powers and accurate authorizations are obtained
• Ensures approved credit lines are in compliance with the Bank’s approved overall and specific credit policies
• Prepares documentation checklist to determine documents and securities required for each credit facility\
• Vetting of all security documents as per the outlined checklist to ensure that terms and conditions, pricings, limit expirations and undertakings are stated as per the approved terms
• Reviews all signed documentation, upon receipt from the borrower, checking for accuracy and completeness to ensure that all required legal documentation and undertakings are in place prior to releasing credit facilities to the Credit Control Unit
• Ensures that complete sets of documentation against respective facilities are delivered to the Safe Custody Officers for lodging into the Electronic Lodgement Register (ELR) and those deficiencies /deferrals are entered as “exceptions”.
• Follows up with Sales team for receipt of deficient and/or expired documents as per the. ELR reports.
• Updates and maintains records on the Document Tracking System
• Provides guidance and support to the Junior staff of the Documentation Unit and performs a supervisory role as necessary or required
• Provides the necessary data to the Administrative Officer for updation of Document Tracking System & Business Risk Indicator.
• Liaise with Safe Custody Officers and Credit Control Unit for release of documents and updation of ELR after ensuring that the release has been approved by the appropriate authorities.
• Vets all outgoing Arabic documents and correspondences for the Document Unit
• Assists in preparation of Loan & Mortgage Agreements, Power of Attorneys, Declarations, and Undertakings in Arabic
• Prepares Mortgage Release letters for Traffic and Land Departments
• Prepares and sends share pledge release letters to the respective financial markets
• Maintains unit’s database of all standard forms and templates
• Carries out necessary filing of documents
Minimum education level required:
• College or University Graduate
Professional / Technical qualifications / Diplomas:
•College or University Degree
• Minimum of 6 to 8 years of banking experience, of which a minimum of 5 years in Corporate Account handling or in a Credit Administration Unit
Specialist Skills/Training required for the Job:
• Bilingual with good command of English and Arabic
• Computer literate
About the Company
About the Company
ADCB was incorporated on 1 July 1985 as a public joint stock company for an unlimited duration in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, UAE. ADCB is registered under the UAE Federal Commercial Companies Law No. (8) of 1984 under registration number 4 and operates in the UAE under a banking licence issued by the Central Bank of the UAE.
ADCB provides a range of consumer and corporate banking, Islamic banking, trade finance, structured finance, foreign exchange, derivatives, and financial advisory services, primarily in the United Arab Emirates. In addition, ADCB’s subsidiary Abu Dhabi commercial Islamic Finance PSC holds an Islamic banking license.
As at 31 December 2010, ADCB operated 47 branches, 4 pay offices and 265 ATMs in the UAE; 4 new branches and 99 new ATMs were added during 2010. ADCB also operated 2 branches in India.