Senior Sales Representative – Ikea
Al Futtaim Group
Senior Sales Representative - Market Hall (X5) - Ikea - Doha Festival City
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow! At IKEA creating a better everyday life for the many isn't only our vision, it's our way of life!It is a middle management position with responsibilities that include the same tasks the Retail Sales Representative in general as well as the supervision of the daily operations in the department and managing the sales personnel in the department.
* That the store is in shape as new and has a strong commercial basics level in your business area during all opening hours(4basics as per IKEA standard)
* Together with the Com & In department you secure that the IKEA store provides a commercial range presentation in your business area and that customers perceive IKEA as a competent home furnishing specialist
* Planning and implement commercial calendar of the year.
* Improve ease of shopping in the store by efficiently working with mechanical sale tools
* Together with the Commercial team you ensure that sales forecasts of all products in your BA are adapted to the sales pattern so that the ordering process of goods leads to a healthy stock situation
* You phase in and out range continuously during the year
* Your secure that all products in your Business Area are displayed according to the merchandising basics (clean, price tag, well assemble, no damageÂ ) during all opening hours
* To achieve the customer satisfaction goals set by the Market hall Sales Manager for your area (measured by IKEA Brand Capital and CSI)
People Management and Development
* To manage the selection, training and development programs for new co-workers
* To participate in the recruitment and selection of the sales co-workers when vacancies arise
* To ensure working methods, basic action routines and range information are understood and carried out in order to achieve objectives
* Motivating the sales staff towards achievement of work objectives. Support the team to achieve their objectives by ensuring they understand the company business plan and objectives.Â
* Be Train the Trainer for the department and ensure all the co-workers in the department are trained in Product Knowledge, customer service training, Concept training, H&S trainings
* Act as Payroll administrator and be a super user for the Staff Management System and generate the schedules using the system. Monitor attendance of the sales co-workers and monitor sickness and other absences levels.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
* Post Graduate Certification
* 4 - 5 Years Retail Supervisory Experience
* Good written and verbal English
* PC literate
* Good Understanding of Business & Finance
* Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
* Thoroughness & Attention to Detail
* Leadership Skills and Strategic Thinking
* Good Planning Capabilities
* An Energetic & Self-Motivated
* Excel , Microsoft office and Outlook
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.