Senior Sales Representative (Shopkeeper) – Self Serve – Ikea
Al Futtaim Group
Senior Sales Representative (Shopkeeper) - Self Serve - Ikea - Doha Festival City
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow! At IKEA creating a better everyday life for the many isn't only our vision, it's our way of life!Commercial
* Prepare Self Serve furniture area by making sure that is staffed during opening hours so that customers in need of help to find the products they are looking for can find their products.
* Make sure all products are displayed according to the IKEA merchandising basics.
* Keep all sales spaces in the Self Serve furniture area clean, full and priced.
* To make sure that operational costs related to your area of responsibility are in line with the budget set by the furniture sales manager (especially the staff costs and transaction type costs).
* Work closely together with all Showroom shopkeepers in the Furniture function to phase in and out products continuously during each year.
* Secure that the Activity areas of the Self Serve furniture area follow the theme in the Commercial Calendar so the store is experienced as a vital retailer.
* Proactively try to find and correct all causes of damages to goods to protect the gross margin and profit of the store. Especially how the sales spaces are dimensioned, what products that are put next to each other, what communication that is put on the rack labels.
People Management and Development
* Recruiting and training co workers to deliver a good meeting with the customer in the Self Serve furniture area and to provide the stores customers with accurate information regarding product availability, when products that are out of stock will be available again.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
* Higher Graduate
* 3-5 years retail experience
* Good written and verbal English
* PC literate
* Communication Skills
* Working with furniture sales requires the ability to lift heavy products so a good and strong physique is also necessary.
* Leadership Skills
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.