Senior Specialist – Bid and Proposal
Managing the preparation of bids and proposals relating to Mega-project Developments and ICT Solutions for New Line Of Business customers
This role will support business development managers (BDM's) to develop strong persuasive, commercially viable and technically viable compliant bids and proposals enabling Q-Tel to successful secure business in new verticals. Individual bid values may exceed QAR50m.The position function is to work with and influence internal suppliers in the development and submission of customer proposals with regard to Megaprojects and ICT technologies for the NLOB target market.
* Manages competitive bids and proposal compilation in accordance with quality management procedures and checklists, under the supervision of the Head of Bid and Proposal Management.
* Bid and Proposal design and scheduling in accordance with principles set out in the group's quality documentation; analysis of requirements and establishment of responsive and persuasive document design criteria directed at achieving quality in the Megaproject and ICT solutions offered and their presentation to customers.
* Supervise other members of the team's work performance and deliverables.
* Able to manage matrix teams (internal and external) as required in developing and preparing competitive bids and proposals.
* Proposal development and production in accordance with group procedures and the principles of good writing, editing and presentation. This accountability will cover:
* Research into solutions to Megaproject and ICT problems
* Writing sections or commissioning experts authors
* Motivate and chase authors as necessary to achieve production timelines
* Sub-editing and proof-checking
* Arranging final authoritive sign-offs
* Preparing final versions
* Supervising production and timely proposal delivery to customers
* Organisation of human and technical resources to meet production targets and submission dates.
* Liaising with pre-sales solution consultants, suppliers, customers, operations, product and account managers, and with Commercial, Legal, Finance and Regulatory groups which contribute to the bid/proposal design and development, to ensure commercial protection for Qtel New Line of Business (NLOB).
* Manage Bid and Proposal records and produce periodic statistical analysis and updates for senior and C-Level management. Present status reports as required.
* Manage the creation, review and maintenance of NLOB credibility material. This to include: project descriptions for completed projects or those having reached significant milestones, completion certificates.
* Carry out Win/Loss reviews, recording lessons learnt and recommending process enhancements for continuous improvement.
* Role holder will understand the regulatory, fair trading, and competition rules relating to their work sufficiently to be able to comply with them, relying on their own knowledge or on their ability to recognise that they will need specialist support.
* Act responsibly in matters of health and safety at work.
* Good understanding of relationship management and doing what it takes to meet customer expectations.
* Role holder will be delivering Bids and Proposals to Qtel customers within Qatar thus having an appreciation of providing the proposed services will be important.
* Provides inputs and helps influence the commercial strategy of customer proposals
* The role currently has an important impact on business results as it supports selling activities of the New Line of Business Account Management teams.
* The role is required to receive all bids invitations and organise a team ranging from technical, commercial and financial areas and start working on a commercial solution to submit management for approval.
Costs & Profitability
* Monitors and controls proposal development costs in terms of man-days of effort.
* Will be exposed to different commercial business models which will be required to be vetted and conform to agreed financial sign-off criteria/procedures and pricing policy guidelines.
* Focuses on winning profitable business; maintains the attitude that all things are possible; doesn't take no for an answer; fits process to tactics rather than vice versa; finds commercially sound ways of doing things; uses levers; returns missiles to sender; manages risks.
* Important to the credibility of Qtel's corporate offerings as this role will be delivering persuasive and professional sales and contract documents to customers.
Planning & Organizing
* Responsible for the organisation of Qtel matrix teams for project delivery.
* Management of 3rd party suppliers and integration into matrix teams as appropriate
* Sets clear priorities, objectives and standards for self and matrix team; organises resources realistically to achieve results
Team working, Coaching/Development & Leadership
* Work as part of the Business Development Team in order to support the activities of the BDMs to generate the required revenue and profit targets.
* Support and guide BDM team with proposal preparation and submission criteria will form a part of this role.
* Will be required to form and control virtual/matrix teams.
* Work with support staff and insure their work is properly executed and according to departmental policies.
Communicating, negotiating & influencing
* The role holder will be required to work across a number of departments including procurement, legal, regulatory, sales, products and services, pricing sections internally, and possibly with 3rd party providers externally, in order to agree and resource proposal submission plans.
* Plays a strong supportive role in shifting the perception of Qtel to an ITC Services provider rather than a telco operator.
* Decisions are straightforward and will be centred on designing and organising customer proposals which are workable and deliver profitable revenue.
* Ensures appropriate management and departmental sign-offs are completed prior to bid and proposal submission.
* Deliver proposals to agreed time and budget whilst maintaining agreed quality standards
* Ability to support and motivate team members and achieve results.
* Clearly and concisely communicate project progress to schedule.
* Produce documentation to track progress proposals to schedule.
Achieve customer satisfaction improvement targets.
About the Company
About the Company
Ooredoo, formerly known as Qatar Telecom (Qtel), is a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and South-East Asia. As a community-focused company, Ooredoo is guided by its vision of enriching people’s lives and its belief that it can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential. Ooredoo has a presence in Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Algeria, Tunisia, Iraq, Palestine, the Maldives and Indonesia. Ooredoo’s shares are listed on the Qatar Exchange and the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange.