Senior Tank Specialist Engineer
The Highfield Company
Senior Tank Specialist Engineer – Libya
We are currently working with a large PMC Consultancy who is looking to employ an experienced Senior Tank Specialist Engineer to be based in Tripoli, Libya.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
• Developing system designs for assigned projects, coordinating with in-house engineers of other disciplines, and Operations Department personnel.
• Developing specifications and purchase requisitions for all discipline equipment associated with assigned projects.
• Follow up the procurement process, including technical date reviews, through to receipt of materials and equipment as site.
• Preparing scopes of work for construction of in-house engineered projects, follow-up through the bid, evaluation and award of contracts, and coordinate with site Construction Coordination personnel through construction, commissioning and hand-over of facilities.
• Preparing scopes of work for Engineering Consultants to execute work beyond the limited in-house engineering capacity. The scope of such contracts may be engineering only, or engineering and procurement, or engineering, procurement and construction. Follow-up through the bid, evaluation and award of the contracts; and coordinate with Consultants through completion of the work.
• Liaise with Quantity Surveyor personnel in the Cost Follow-Up Group of the preparation of the contractual and commercial terms for all contracts.
• Prepare cost estimates and budgets.
• Provide technical support to field personnel and operations department.
• Ensure compliance with required Safety, Quality, Environmental and Technical Standards.
The suitable candidate will hold a degree Mechanical Engineering or similar and will have the following experience:
• A minimum of 10 years relevant post graduate experience is required
• Relevant previous experience may be with an Engineering Consultant or an Operating Company and will preferably include extensive experience on on-shore oil field facilities.
• A vast level of mechanical / facilities knowledge rather than a single / specialist discipline
• Extensive experience in the Oil & Gas market.
• Extensive experience in designing, building, operating, the monitoring and maintenance of production/process equipment.
• A high level of computer literacy
• Excellent English language skills – both verbal and written
• Familiar with recognized industry international codes, standards and practices.
Our client offers a fantastic opportunity, providing an attractive salary, working an 8 weeks on / 3 weeks off rotation.
Please note, this is a single status position.
Should you wish to discuss the role in more detail then please forward your CV immediately.
About the Company
About the Company
The Highfield Company is a specialist recruitment consultancy that focuses on the international construction and engineering industry sectors. With combined recruitment experience of more than 20 years, the directors have worked on technical and management positions at all levels, from Graduate to Executive, and for many of the Construction industry's leading companies.
With experience of sourcing candidates for assignments in over 100 countries, The Highfield Company is perfectly equipped to service the needs and requirements of any construction, property or engineering based employer anywhere in the world. Our consultants are specialists in their designated disciplines, which include Building & Construction, Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, PQS & Cost Consultancy, Project Management, Consulting Engineering, Mechanical & Electrical and Facilities Management.