Senior Underwriting Manager – Commercial Lines
New Sourcing International (NSI)
1. Manage overall underwriting process of Commercial Lines for Dubai and Northern Emirates.
2. Responsible to underwrite risks in excess of Branch Underwriting Limits and as per Authority Matrix.
3. Contribute to the growth of Dubai & Northern emirates book of business.
To contribute to the achievement of set target of Dubai & Northern Emirates branches
Follow all relevant policies, processes, standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner. Underwriting Activities:
- Manage the UW team efficiently to promote profitable growth of Dubai and Northern Emirates branches
- Train the UW team across 3 branches (Deira, SZR and Sharjah branches) so that optimum use of the resource is achieved.
- Assess the risks and underwrite them in line with corporate guidelines and Underwriting authority limit.
- Review and submit cases to HO which are above the authority limit.
- Provide Underwriting support to other Stakeholders in the Company
- Communication with clients/Brokers for any query on underwriting.
- Conduct claims analysis as and when required.
- Gather market intelligence regarding competition activity and new trends.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
Masters degree in any discipline with any Insurance qualifications (minimum Associate)
10 - 15 years of relevant underwriting experience.
- Self motivation and commitment to quality.
- Strong communication (oral &written), interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Negotiating & problem solving skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Must be a team player.
About the Company
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) is a leading international group specializing in talent acquisition services around the globe. Since our introduction in 1999 we have grown extensively and now have thriving operations globally enjoying success through a network of cities worldwide with clients ranging from SME's to large corporate companies.
Our local offices boast a wealth of regional expertise with consultants whom understand the complexities and cultural sensitivities of each region. We have created a new concept of providing niche specialist recruitment solutions tailored to the needs of specific markets, regions and industries.
NSI is managed by leading industry professionals with diverse domain and location exposure in across various continents. We have a wide selection of databases and tools at our disposal that enable us to gain access to passive as well as active candidates.
We have a growing business presence in countries including Australia, North America, Africa, UK and the UAE. NSI has been providing talent management and recruitment services to a variety of industries for over 11 years. Our portfolio contains a range of offerings starting from recruitment, executive search, head hunting, outsourcing, contract staffing, and project recruitment.