Server (X86) Sales Specialist
Hewlett-Packard Middle East (HP)
• Actively prospects within accounts to discover or cultivate solutions sales opportunities within area of technical specialty (in close cooperation with the account manager.
• Formulate and expand solutions to generate additional product or service attachments and up sell revenue.
• Certain roles may also sell through the channel.
• Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
• Work with the client up to IT management level.
• Contribute to building of the pipeline by generating leads and referrals and new customer opportunities within specialty area.
• May focus on growing contractual renewals for small-to-mid size accounts with limited complexity, to higher-total contract-value renewals.
• Interface with both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs and facilitate solutions development.
• Build sales readiness and reduce client learning curve through effective knowledge transfer in area of specialization.
Scope and Impact:
• Participates in general sales strategy; defines specific sales plans with manager.
• Independently sells a specific product/solution.
• Selling role may be transactional and/or demand generation focused.
• May work with and leverage external partners to deliver sale.
• May interface with any level in customer organization; focused mainly on specialist buyers, e.g. IT.
• Account size ranges; may work in a Small-Medium, Enterprise, or Corporate Segment; varied sales cycle.
• Average size quota.
Education and Experience Required:
•University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
•Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota, diversity of business customer and higher level customer interface.
•Detailed knowledge of key customer types or customers on given products.
•Typically 5-10 years of experience in selling servers.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
In-depth knowledge about product, service, solution and differentiators between own offerings and what competitor's offerings.
•Applies specialized technical product/service/ solution knowledge in working with account teams to screen and prioritize multiple leads for feasibility.
•Use knowledge in specialty, and consultative selling skills, to proactively help customers with making IT business decisions.
•Assesses solution feasibility from a technical and business perspective to determine "qualify-in"/"qualify-out" status
•Solid communication and presentation skills within IT at the manager level.
•Product demonstration, customer training, product installation skills. (for product specialty roles)
•Conceptualizes and articulates well-targeted solutions in area of specialty - product, service, solution -- from proposal to contract sign-off.
•Have enough knowledge about a product, service or solution to be able to qualify a deal.
•Negotiation of profitable deals so that HP can expand opportunities based on existing business and increase footprint and revenue.
•Opportunity prospecting as related to specialty area and in expanding existing client business, in order to generate leads/referrals to account team.
•Maintain knowledge of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
•Regular use of Siebel updating deal profile and forecasting accurately.
About the Company
About the Company
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world. We explore how technology and services can help people and companies address their problems and challenges, and realize their possibilities, aspirations and dreams. We apply new thinking and ideas to create more simple, valuable and trusted experiences with technology, continuously improving the way our customers live and work.
No other company offers as complete a technology product portfolio as HP. We provide infrastructure and business offerings that span from handheld devices to some of the world's most powerful supercomputer installations. We offer consumers a wide range of products and services from digital photography to digital entertainment and from computing to home printing. This comprehensive portfolio helps us match the right products, services and solutions to our customers' specific needs.