Services Manager – IKEA
Al Futtaim Group
Services Manager - IKEA Doha Festival City
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. Our operations around the world are constantly increasing with new stores and markets added to the success story.
At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow! At IKEA creating a better everyday life for the many isn't only our vision, it's our way of life!
In this role you will be responsible for:
* Ensuring that service levels and customer satisfaction are maintained to the highest standards
* Organising safe and efficient operations of the store
* Monitoring that timely delivery and assembly are provided to the customers
* Handling efficiently customers complaints, refunds and good's exchange, or any major incidents
* Analysing statistics or other data to determine the level of customer service IKEA is providing
* Developing feedback or complaints procedures for customers to use
* Ensuring that customer service procedures, policies and standards are followed by all co-workers
* Regularly meeting with managers team to discuss possible improvements to customer service
* Being involved in staff recruitment and appraisals
* Training co-workers to deliver a high standard of customer service
* Leading and developing a team of customer service co-workers
* Continuously improving knowledge about IKEA products and services and keeping up to date with changes
* Managing budgets as set by the store manager for all the departments in your function
* Keeping ahead of developments in customer service by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending courses
To succeed in this position you must have proven operational management experience, ideally in retail.You will be able to demonstrate:
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Leadership ability
* Excellent knowledge of MS Office packages
* Strategic, analytical and tactical skills
* Experience in SAP or Navision Operating System would be an advantage
* Negotiating and problem solving abilities
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.