Site HSE Manager
GS Engineering & Construction
Project HSE Managerís role & responsibilities are to establish and implement the Project HSE Management System in line with GS E&C Quality, Safety, Health & Environmental Management Systems and corporate standards. The duties include but are not limited to the following:
Role & Responsibilities in Home Office during Engineering & Procurement Phase
(1) Establish and ensure implementation of the HSE Management System on the all phases (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning up to Mechanical Completion) of the project.
(2) To establish Project HSE Plan including HSE Policy (based on Corp. QHSE Policy) and continually improve it.
(3) Assist and coordinate with the Project Manager and all personnel assigned to the project in establishing an overall Project HSE Management Plan based on Companies IMS Management standards and Project requirements.
(4) Advise on setting up the improvement guidelines for Project HSE Management System to project employees. Ensure improvements are implemented and results are feedback to employees.
(5) Establish Project HSE audit program & schedule and perform the Project HSE Audit within the project organization in cooperation with Corporate QHSE Team.
(6) Report the Project HSE Audit Results to Corporate QHSE Team Leader and Project Manager.
(7) Monitor Project HSE System activities such as Engineering HSE and Field HSE activities based on Companies Management system and Project requirements.
(8) Coordinate with Engineering HSE Engineer and manage Construction HSE staff.
(9) Coordinate and communicate with Client on Project HSE issues.
(10) Produce and develop the Project HSE Training Plan. Ensure implementation of the plan. Ensure that training records are maintained.
(11) Ensure that HSE is applied in line with the Project HSE Design Criteria to the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning and Mechanical Completion phases of the Project.
(12) Ensure that the Project meets international standards.
Role & Responsibilities at Site during Construction, Commissioning and Mechanical Completion Phase.
(1) Establish the HSE and security management plan for the sake of loss prevention of the site.
(2) Plan for and perform the site HSE and security management programs.
(3) Plan for and implement the site HSE & security training programs.
(4) Check and improve the hazardous construction work conditions.
(5) Manage occupational health, workersí health examination.
(6) Establish an emergency action plan in preparation of an accident occurrence in order to save the situation and restore the area after the situation is over.
(7) Investigate the cause of accident, establish preventive countermeasure and report the result to home office and local governmental authorities concerned.
(8) Establish the emergency response plan for major accidents and provide the training and the result report.
(9) Record and keep the statistics of accident reports.
(10) Provide the HSE security equipment and personal protective equipment.
(11) Provide the preventive plans for hazardous material handling.
(12) Support discipline supervisors for performing their job safety.
(13) On regular schedule, take a site safety and security patrol to find any inappropriate practice. Inform assigned superintendent to take a necessary measure to correct discrepancies, and assure that corrective action is followed up.
(14) Responsible for ensuring that Project HSE Management policy, plans and procedures are implemented effectively and are suitable for the their purposes and use for which they are intended.
(15) Establish Permit to Work System and manage and train relevant personnel.
(16) Report the performance status of Project HSE and relevant issues to the Corporate QHSE Team and Project Manager
- Bachelorís degree in Environment, Occupational Safety & Health or Engineering from a recognized institute
- A current relevant health and safety qualification(e.g. NEBOSH Diploma / IOSH / CSP certificate or equivalent)
- Full conversant with International HSE standards, codes and industry practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Having the competency certification (e.g. Lead Auditor OHSAS 18001)
- IOSH membership or similar association
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development(CPD)
- Experience as HSE Management System relevant position minimum 15 years
- Experience in OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO 14001:2004
- Experience working with both UK and US HSE systems
- Experience of managing HSE on large-scale Power Generation or Environmental Plant, Oil/Gas and Petrochemical Plants
- Experience in Oman
- Experience and understanding of technical HSE (P&ID, HAZOP, SIL, HSE MOC process etc)
3. Other requirement (Essential)
- Excellent legislative knowledge and the ability to implement and manage HSE legislation
- Thorough and accurate with attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to compile and present reports
- To present themselves in a business-like manner
- Prepared to adopt a flexible approach to working hours and arrangements
About the Company
About the Company
GS E&C has established its status as a top-ranking company domestically since its foundation in 1969 by achieving tremendous growth in the fields of architecture, civil engineering, housing, plant, environment and power plant.
Through continuous development of its human resources, acquisition of technologies, determined challenges and practices, GS E&C has set forth the stepping stones to leap as a Global Leading Company.