Site Sub Contracts Manager
Laking Aran Moorhouse
Site Sub Contracts Manager – Abu Dhabi – $170 000 / year plus food, accommodation, health and flights home – Rotation
Currently, I am on a look out for a position if Sub Contracts Manager to be based on site for a project in Ruwais, Abu Dhabi.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Pre-qualification, tendering and finalisation of Subcontracts (both during proposal and execution stage). Subcontracts management and administration. Handle contractual, legal, commercial and insurance issues related to subcontracts and with lower tier subcontractors. Ensure that contractual and commercial matters are handled efficiently by minimizing claims from the subcontractors
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Carry out regular evaluation of sub contractors and maintain an updated Subcontractor database.
• Support Proposals by obtaining offers from Subcontractors on a back to back basis for construction and other services.
• Conclude partnering agreements with Subcontractors, where required.
• Tendering and finalisation of Subcontracts.
• Administration and management of Subcontracts.
• Handling of E & P issues of Subcontractor in close co-ordination with EP team and Scope clarifications with EP team.
• Handling of Subcontractors’ VOR’s including scope disputes and close out in conjunction with Construction Manager.
• Correspondence and meetings with Subcontractors and actions /close out.
• Quantity measurements and certification at site.
• Maintain record and track BOQ measurement (BOQ)/MTO according to the approved drawings.
• Check, verify and maintain record of built/site measurements and quantification for further approval of the Construction Manger.
• Re-measure and verify the work accomplished by the Subcontractors and, wherever possible, try to minimize and control additional quantities claimed by the subcontractors.
• Verification of Subcontractors’ Invoices.
• Payment Certification.
• Management of back-charges to Subcontractors.
• Preparation of additional Subcontract Agreements/Work Orders with Third
• Parties in case of default of scope of work on the part of main subcontractors.
• Input for budgeting and Cost Control.
• Assist Construction Management Team on contractual matters related to Client.
• Assist site team on scope of work and split of responsibility.
• Identification of Subcontractors’ weakness and corrective measures.
• Assistance to Subcontractor for providing services on request.
• Monitor payment to Subcontractors, lower tier Subcontractors, personnel and cash-flow.
• Participation in financial/Contractual Audits.
• Monitor incentive schemes with Subcontractors.
• Subcontract Closeout.
A graduate university degree in Engineering or Administration with a minimum of 18 years experience in the sub contracts management and administration function, with experience in oil and gas industry
The terms will be as follows:
Bachelor Status Posting initially in Abu Dhabi site on Bachelor Status.
The project is an EPC Oil & Gas NGL4 Project worth 2.1 billion USD and will run for next 2 years. A detailed Job Description is attached for you reference.
Essentially the type of candidates we are looking for should have:
1. 20+ years in Oil & Gas, upstream, onshore LSTK projects
2. Hands-On experience of Billion Dollar ++ projects
3. Track Record of stability and commitment with reputed organizations
4. High energy level and integrity
• Exposure to large EPC projects – Lump sum Turn key projects
• Handled contracts over 1 Billion $
• Exposure with Contractor companies like ours
• Steady career path (not changed jobs frequently)
About the Company
About the Company
Laking Aran Moorhouse is the foremost provider of recruitment solutions to global oil and gas organisations across Europe, the US, Asia and the Middle East.
We work with a diverse range of clients, including oil and gas major operators, service organisations and specialist consultancies.
We work with a diverse range of clients and candidates across the Oil and Gas, Power and Nuclear sector globally.
Covering both contingent and retained recruitment services working on a permanent, contract and fixed term basis – We offer our clients a Industry leading marketing operation as well as a search and selection service to ensure that we access the best and most relevant pool of candidates for every assignment.