Specialist – AML and Compliance
* Manage risk control aspects of Qtel Money operations, including Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Counter Funding of Terrorism (CFT) and Know Your Customer (KYC) investigations.
Maintain policies and procedures to minimise chances of breaching compliance, legal or corporate policies
* To supports Qtel's corporate intent to the number one telecommunications brand who provide Financial services in Qatar.
* Qtel has launched several financial services in Qatar including Qtel Mobile Money and NFC credit card services in order to help it achieve its vision of being a truly customer focused
* The role holder is supporting the Qtel Money Operations and product management and development which deliver QR150m in the next 3 years.
Qtel is about to further reach into a landscape where banks and other financial services companies have been competing for years - leveraging best practise and developing robust, simple and successful propositions which address well researched consumer segments
* Set up and maintain Qtel Money operational compliance function.
* Set up of all relevant AML, CFT, Blacklisting, whilst blowing policies and procedures pertaining to Qtel Money.
* Look for and investigate suspicious patterns of activity, and implement and follow the escalation process.
* Review alerts involving customer's suspected criminal history & investigate suspicious transactions and file accurate government Suspicious Activity Reports as required by law.
* Work closely with the Fraud team within the operations and in the Qtel group.
* Manage a caseload of investigations, perform analysis and follow-up and work case to completion.
* Document and report investigation findings and prepare reports to management as required
* Prepare presentations for meetings, recommend relationship retention or termination, and track account closures as required.
* Draft Suspicious Activity Reports for review by the associated banks, Legal authorities etc.
* Report directly to the Qtel Money Compliance Officer monthly and as required
* This role is paramount to delivering and maintaining a legally compliant financial product portfolio for Qtel in the financial services sector in Qatar.
* This role is required to provide reports directly to the Qtel Money Compliance Officer as defined by QNB.
* Significant contribution to success will be establishing positive, trustworthy and robust brand and product perception in this new business area through the delivery of a detailed and focused strategy.
Costs & Profitability
* Responsible for managing and maintaining the Qtel Money compliance operations function.
* Optimize resources and indentify areas where cost savings can be realized.
* Implement a problem resolution plan aiming to minimize problem resolution time.
* Work with partners and other business units resolve complex problems.
* Ensure issues are resolved within agreed timeframes.
Planning & Organizing
* Manage and communicate all aspects of compliance to Â internal and external stakeholders.
Track business compliance and report to Compliance Officer
* 8 years of work experience
* Minimum of 5 years of industry experience required
* Knowledge of ITU regulations, regional telecom forums, protocols and financial services compliance
A strong commercial background in a technology focus industry
* Bachelor's Degree, preferably in communications or a related discipline.
* Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS) member preferred
* The role-holder needs to be perfect in English (spoken and written). An ability to speak & write in Arabic is preferable but not essential.
About the Company
About the Company
Ooredoo, formerly known as Qatar Telecom (Qtel), is a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and South-East Asia. As a community-focused company, Ooredoo is guided by its vision of enriching people’s lives and its belief that it can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential. Ooredoo has a presence in Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Algeria, Tunisia, Iraq, Palestine, the Maldives and Indonesia. Ooredoo’s shares are listed on the Qatar Exchange and the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange.