After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Specialist Interior Designer – IKEA
Al Futtaim Group
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furniture store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. Our operations around the world are constantly increasing with new stores and markets added to the success story.
At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow! At IKEA creating a better everyday life for the many isn't only our vision, it's our way of life!
The Specialist Interior Designer is responsible for the planning and coordination of homes, room settings, vignettes, compacts, studios, launch areas and support/service areas.
This role also works in partnership with the Sales Department in order to execute the store commercial strategies. Other key responsibilities include:
* Ensuring the integrity of the IKEA concept and brand
* Planning and executing displays to efficiently communicate a complete IKEA product range, prices and sales methods
* Supporting the planning and implementation of the store commercial calendar
* Maintaining all areas in the store in accordance to IKEA standards
* Following IKEA manuals to produce functional home furnishing solutions within the store
To be successful in winning this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
* A proven ability to visualise, design and communicate home furnishing and retail solutions
* Attention to detail with a keen eye for aesthetics
* A proven commitment to high quality execution within limited time frames
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to utilise illustrative methods of communication
* Strong drafting, space planning, interior and architectural design skills
* Experience and knowledge in designing effective commercial and residential lighting solutions
* Proficiency with design related software programs (AutoCAD), MS Office
* Leadership ability
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.