Stationary Mechanical Engineer
GS Engineering & Construction
Stationary Mechanical Engineers role & responsibilities are to prepare the Basic (FEED) Engineering of Stationary Mechanical Equipment in line with client requirement meeting all the relevant and applicable International, national standards and local statutory & regulatory requirement. The duties include but are not limited to the following:
Having experience in Basic (FEED) Engineering
Plans and conducts independent work within a global business unit requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Devises new approaches to solving problems.
Provides technical direction and assigns work to engineers, designers, and drafters who assist on specific assignments.
Design optimization & Value Engineering
Experience in working with Stationary Mechanical equipment/material vendors to specify, evaluate technical bids and reviewing vendor documentation for the full range of Stationary Mechanical equipment/materials required for projects.
Perform Contract Study
Prepare Job Execution Plan
Review Owner's Specifications
Prepare Design Verification Report, if required
Approval with Sample Review of Engineering Specifications including Vessel Standard
Approval with Sample Review of Equipment Data Sheets or Sketches
Prepare Engineering Progress Reports, Periodical Status Reports
Prepare Engineering schedule
Review with Random check of Thermal Rating for Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers
Approval with Sample Review of Strength Calculation and Weight Estimation
Approval with Sample Review of Engineering Drawings
Approval with Sample Review of Loading Data (1st Issue)
Approval with Sample Review of Requisition
Approval with Sample Review of Bid Evaluation Report
Review with Random check of Bid Clarification Meeting and Kick-off Meeting
Review with Random check of Coordination with Other Disciplines including I.D. check
Perform Coordination with Owner and Licensor
Review with Random check of Coordination with Vendor
Prepare Engineering Progress Reports
Technical Clarification and Deviation in ITB
Engineering Manhour Estimation
Review with Random check of Equipment Cost Estimation
Review with Random check of Change Order with Vendor or Client
Sub-Con Evaluation and Selection
Sub-Con Control and Management
1. Education and training
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Full conversant with relevant international code & standards such as ASME, IEC, BS, NEC, IEEE, ANSI, NEMA, API standards and other local regulation(Saudi, GOST etc.)
- Full conversant with design practices in Oil & gas and Petroleum industry with system requirements and standards of Saudi Aramco KSA.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- 20 years experience in Basic (FEED) & Detail Engineering of Stationary Mechanical Equipment in field of Refineries, Petrochemical plant, Oil & Gas sectors
- Saudi Aramco, SABIC, UAE Takreer and Indorama company Project
- Experience in preparing proposal and ITBExperience
- Experience of working with a multinational workforce
- Experience working in PMC or Client side
- Over five(5) years experience for Basic (FEED) Engineering
About the Company
About the Company
GS E&C has established its status as a top-ranking company domestically since its foundation in 1969 by achieving tremendous growth in the fields of architecture, civil engineering, housing, plant, environment and power plant.
Through continuous development of its human resources, acquisition of technologies, determined challenges and practices, GS E&C has set forth the stepping stones to leap as a Global Leading Company.