Store Manager – KidZania Gift Shop, KidZania
M.H Alshaya Co. has entered into a partnership with KidZania, the award winning family entertainment and education brand, to develop and manage a 5,000 sq.m. KidZania State at The Avenues in Kuwait. Expected to open in 2012, KidZania will be a major new tenant in phase three of the mall, which is currently under development.
KidZania, or 'The Land of Cool Kids', is a unique concept in family entertainment, helping children understand and manage the world they are growing into. Designed as a real city with streets, buildings and even an airport, everything in KidZania is scaled down to kid's size. Children can experience what it is like to become a doctor, a banker, a policeman, a DJ or one of over 90 other adult roles in a fun and safe environment that helps nurture their creativity, stimulate their imagination, and expand their experiences as they play and learn at the same time.
KidZania was established in Mexico and first opened its doors to children in 1999. Today KidZania operates eight edutainment centres in six countries worldwide across the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East and has welcomed more than four million visitors in 2010.
Supervise day to day activities for Merchandising, Retail, Warehouse operations, Cash Office & general administration services. Follow & ensure compliance with company policies & procedures for processing of / delivery of assigned services whilst ensuring the highest levels of service within all functions to both the internal and external customer
* Manage the merchandising function within KidZania alongside the Merchandising Supervisor.
* Maximize sales and exceed merchandising budgets through effective management of retail space, stock control and the highest levels of Customer Service.
* Monitor and control the stock levels within the Retail operation
* Support the Merchandising Supervisor in the day to management of the Retail and Merchandising operation.
* Manage the processing & controlling of all requests.Â
* Take charge in placing purchase order with our Suppliers / Vendors after approval of the quotation.
* Manage all the necessary steps taken in order to place a contract.
* Ensure that all requested transactions are dispatched & meet the deadline with cost control.
* Responsible for cash handling, maintaining & reconciling petty cash & keeping accurate records of expenditure.
* Manage the Cash Office operation complying with all company set policies and procedures.
* Control the cash handling procedures throughout all Kidzania operations.
* Actively promote and adhere to all company, brand, government policies, procedures, guidelines and/or best practice.
* Create and maintain excellent internal and external working relations that promote the brand and company.
* Ensure effective communication between the Administration Teams and the Park Operations teams.
* Build and maintain one's own team including recruitment, performance, training, disciplinaries, etc.
* Select Employees, & formally assess performance, give job guidance & direction, & set work & conduct standards.
* Identify areas of training required within the retail operation, warehouse operation and cash office.
* Control variable & fixed costs within budgeted levels.
* Continuously explore opportunities to affect additional cost savings & improve service standards.
* Minimum 4 years store management experience
* Extensive experience of stock control, cash handling and audit management
* Excellent communication skills
* Extensive leadership, decision making, planning, organizing and relationship building skills
* Knowledge of accounting or finance would be advantage.
* Knowledge of Logistics
About the Company
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 2,600 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 40,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.