Store Manager – Starbucks
When you think of a great coffeehouse, you think of finely roasted beans hand-selected from the world's best coffee growing countries. You think of exotic flavours that combine delicious taste and mouthwatering texture.Â You think of delicious hot, iced and blended beverages pairing perfectly with freshly baked pastries. You think of Starbucks®.
The Starbucks Experience is more than a cup of coffee. You get more than a simple coffee when you visit a Starbucks® store - you get great people, first-rate music, a comfortable and upbeat meeting place, and sound advice on brewing excellent coffee at home.
It is also the conversation and environment that surround a customer's experience. In part, that means creating a comfortable oasis away from the demands of work and home.
* This job contributes to Starbucks success by leading a team of Store Partners to create & maintain the Starbucks Experience for our customers & Partners.
* The Store Manager is required to regularly & customarily exercise discretion in managing the overall operation of the Store.
* In particular, a majority of time is spent supervising & directing the workforce, making staffing decisions ensuring customer satisfaction & product quality, managing the store's financial performance, & managing safety & security within the store.
* The incumbent is responsible for modeling & acting in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
* Maximize sales & ensure customer focus is prioritized at all times.
* Demonstrate a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events & manage smooth transitions thereafter to keep store operating to standard & to set a positive example for the Store team.
* Display a customer-comes-first attitude by training & holding Partners accountable for delivering legendary customer service.
* Manage with integrity, honesty & knowledge that promote the culture, values, & mission of Starbucks.
* Implement & review all stock loss prevention controls. Implement processes specific to store product/size/ location.
* Drive the implementation of company programmes by developing action plans & directly motivating & instructing the store team to implement them to meet operational & organizational objectives.
* Implement store product launches & promotions according to brand guidelines. Manage stock replenishment.
* Ensure store is fully compliant administratively & procedurally according to company guidelines & deadlines.
* Manage a team including; in store training, recruitment (where applicable), motivation, coaching, development, disciplinary & performance appraisals.
* Promote Reward and Recognition within the store and offer feedback on a regular basis.
* Monitor & manage store staffing levels to ensure Partner development & talent acquisition to achieve and maintain Store operational requirements.
* Use existing tools to identify & prioritize communications & regularly use discretion to filter communications to the store team.
* Provide coaching & direction to the store team to take action & to achieve operational goals.
* Plan, identify, communicate, & delegate appropriate responsibilities & practices to Store Partners to ensure smooth flow of Operations.
* Constantly review Store environment & key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, & opportunities for improvement to provide coaching & direction to the Store team to achieve operational goals.
* Ensure communication is effective throughout store & back to brand team.
* Communicate clearly, concisely, & accurately to ensure effective Store operations.
* Ability to assess potential and develop talented team members.
* Results Focus - financial awareness.
* Relationship Building- cross functionally, not only with store team, but also higher management.
* Handling Pressure and competing priorities to drive store performance.
* 3 years retail experience.
* 1 year Supervision.
* Experience analysing financial reports.
About the Company
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Mothercare, H&M, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, Harvey Nichols, Boots, Starbucks, The Cheesecake Factory, Vision Express, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Pottery Barn and Office Depot. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies.
Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.