Store Manager – Victoria's Secret Flagship
Today, Victoria's Secret is the leading specialist retailer of lingerie and beauty products, dominating the market with modern, fashion-inspired collections, fragrances, cosmetics, celebrated supermodels and world-famous runway shows and creating products on the forefront of fashion and innovation. The vision of the business is to create a brand with high emotional content that makes woman feel alluring, sophisticated and forever young - It is all about her!
It is a high velocity store with a head count of 200 employees.
Responsible for the management of a store within the normal range of sales turnover. Maximize store contribution by proactively drive sales, reduce stock loss & manage controllable costs. Motivate & develop team members, including non Alshaya Employees & ensure store and team complies with all company regulations & procedures.
* Champion the store teams to ensure sales, merchandising and promotional initiatives that are implemented to the required standard.
* Strive to exceed customer needs and expectations by identifying store specific service opportunities and correcting performance issues.
* Agrees and maintains in store events and activities with the Marketing Executive.
* Manage Employees and external business Employees to deliver business objectives.
* Maximize the potential for store Employees through in store training, recruitment, motivation, coaching, development, performance management, and appraisals.
* Continually drive the productivity of the store team by promoting a sense of purpose and a desire to succeed.
* Ensure the sales team deliver shrinkage targets and control operations using a clear plan for Loss Prevention.
* Implement store processes by driving and controlling business efficiency. Adopt best practices.
* Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
* Coach sales team on the execution of merchandising plans, implement optimum space management options based on store trends, brand and category performance.
Skills and Experience:
* Oversee and quality check the management of stock ordering / replenishment and returns by the stock controller.
* Give feedback to the Marketing Executive and Area Manager in regard to the planning of promotional events.
* Maintain a sound working relationship with local brand Managers / distributors as well as internal support functions to drive business performance and control.
* Provide weekly feedback on store performance, promotions and trends and provide a two way loop with Marketing team to enhance business.
* Good written and verbal English
* PC literate
* Can steer through complex operational issues
* Strong Leadership skills
* 3 years retail store management at a senior level.
* Sound experience in people management
* Understanding of supply chain / inventory management
* Understanding of marketing procurement
* English essential, Arabic preferred.
* Commercial Awareness
* Good level of secondary education
About the Company
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Mothercare, H&M, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, Harvey Nichols, Boots, Starbucks, The Cheesecake Factory, Vision Express, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Pottery Barn and Office Depot. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies.
Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.