Strategic Projects Manager – HVAC
1. JOB PURPOSE
The role of Strategic Projects Manager is as follows:
• Establish new strategic customer relationship with large owners, developers and contractors.
• Grow company’s equipment, controls and service business with large strategic customers.
• To negotiate, finalize & close Strategic Projects in the assigned area or region.
• Achieve growth in revenue, share of segment (SOS) and profitability of Strategic Projects in the assigned area or region.
• Ensure all business is conducted within the frame work of corporation’s policies, ethics, quality standards and procedures.
2. JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES & OBJECTIVES:
1. Achieve sales, bookings, margins and SOS targets for Strategic Projects as set forth by the company.
2. To develop and implement marketing and sales strategies for Strategic Projects in the respective assigned area.
3. To scan the market, visit prospective clients / consultants / developers and all decision makers with the intention of generating enquiry and getting company systems & solutions specified in the early stage of the strategic projects.
4. Manage the sales cycle from lead to closure.
5. Develop multiple relationships with key players in the customer’s organization.
6. Work with the applications team to ensure pricing is done accurately, giving a commercially viable offering in conformance with the company's policies and procedures.
7. To plan, direct supervise and control the activities of the sales force who are reporting to the incumbent (if applicable)
8. To adequately follow up on the complete pipeline of Strategic Projects in order to achieve maximum conversion of enquiries/projects being finalized into firm orders and to ensure continual and systematic personal contact with all customers in the respective market.
9. To lead and conduct order negotiations involving pricing, legal contracts and credit decisions to ensure every order are commercially viable and technically feasible, in line with the company policies & procedures.
10. Ensure high level of customer satisfaction through providing efficient, courteous and timely services to all customer requests.
11. To ensure company achievement of all quality objectives as set forth in the company plan and to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction in all customer dealings, on both internal and external customer level.
12. Be active in technical societies such as ASHRAE, IDEA, and progress to officer level within these organizations.
3. MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE/ TRAINING/ QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (this is a mandatory requirement)
Degree in Marketing / or Business Administration (preferred)
A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in a similar role, with 3 years managerial experience.
B. Specific knowledge:
HVAC - High applied (large chilled water) systems knowledge, with special emphasis on Centrifugal Chillers.
Technically strong in both air and water side of HVAC systems.
High Sales and Negotiation skills & effective in applying high level sales techniques in order to close jobs.
Fluency in spoken and written English a must, Arabic language is an advantage
Excellent presentation skills, the candidate will be required to present in front of a high level audience & conduct internal & external training sessions.
Excellent budgeting skills.
Effective communications and business writing skills
C. Business understanding:
Excellent understanding of the company’s business goals
Local & cultural understanding
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems & collect data. Establishes facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Language Skills: Full capability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, together with technical and legal documents in English language, knowledge of Arabic language is advantage.
Mathematical Skills: High level of capability to work with mathematical concepts, apply them and their proportions to practical situations.
4. CRITICAL COMPETENCIES
Innovation and Adaptability
Problem solving & Decision making
Organizing for Results
5. OTHER RELEVANT COMPETENCIES
About the Company
About the Company
Binding Partnerships is an exceptional provider of executive search and bespoke recruitment solutions.
With offices located in Dubai and Abu Dhabi we are perfectly positioned to service the growing needs of clients and candidates across the Middle East.
By working in partnership with both our clients and candidates, listening to their needs, researching and then offering confidential, practical and informed advice and solutions we are able to build long-term relationships with the professionals with whom we work.