After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
This recently introduced position is a critical role in Yahoos MENA Planning & Strategy team within the Sales organization. It will attract those individuals with an ability to think BIG and out of the box, a passion for online advertising and drive change across a large internet company and the advertising industry as a whole.
Yahoo! is a leader in display advertising in MENA with a huge product breadth. In order for our sales team to excel in the marketplace your responsibility will be to create engaging and market leading go-to-market strategies for Yahoo! products. You will redefine Go-To-Market story telling & internal mindset, including (competitor driven) Y! positioning. You will drive Yahoo! Messaging towards the industry (selected advertising clients and agencies) with market leading strategies, built on firm vertical expertise, great knowledge of our existing and future ad product range, excellent market research and outstanding industry knowledge and awareness.
You need to be able to grasp complex advertising strategies and translate the Yahoo! offering into solutions that will appeal to both advertisers and agencies. You should be personable, determined and feel comfortable in presenting externally to agencies and clients, as well as present, communicate and ¡§sell¡¨ these strategies to internal stakeholders. You will identify opportunities and ensure these are aligned and captured for our customers
You will have a desire to evangelize the benefits of truly integrating the Yahoo! Products into campaigns, in the online world but also the value of ensuring inclusion of Yahoo! products into traditional campaigns while aligning the internal and external objectives and timings.
You should be able to think strategically as well as tactically in order to maximize the potential Yahoo! possesses today. You should be able to harness some of the best Sales professionals in the industry and help grow our advertising business. You will work with the team to help build a market leading sales academy.
1.Develop, Create & own engaging Go-To-Market strategies for Y! products which will strategically answer the needs of Clients, Agencies & the Industry
2.Redefine Go-To-Market story telling & internal mindset, including (competitor driven) Y! positioning
3.Identify and develop strategic opportunities through advanced Y! product knowledge and industry insights.
4.(pro)Actively look at shareshift potential in all Go-To-Market strategies and through the development and presentation of thought-leadership pieces.
5.Ensure correct and appropriate presentation of Yahoo products to the market through close communication with Sales Team and adjust strategies depending on market feedback
6.Ensuring consistent communication to internal stakeholders, clients & agencies through detailed FAQs, competitive positioning and messaging
7.Work with the sales team to identify revenue opportunities and ensure that the team has enough material to generate revenue from those options
8.Create strong relationships with all sales and non-sales functions to align on priorities and ensure the team gets the support needed to deliver. This includes SLT, Audience, product, marketplace etc.
9.Educating the team on key trends in all business areas (display, search, social, mobile etc..) as well as monitor the competition and answer trends and developments with strategic presentations that highlight Yahoo! Competencies and solutions
10.Working with stakeholders to facilitate sales trainings, product workshops, thought-leadership pieces, etc.
• A strong proven track record at senior level in media/advertising within either an agency, client or media owner
• Passion for the internet and mobile is a must and a familiarity with different industries is mandatory
• Must have the ability and desire to work effectively and maintain focus in a fast-paced, fun, and often chaotic environment
• Strategic understanding of Brands and the marketing process, particularly in a media context
• Good fact finding skills and interpretation capabilities
• Understand the creative process and display ¡¥flair¡¦ for this area
• An in-depth digital awareness and its role within the media mix
• Excellent analytical skills including data/trend analysis
• Ability to identify critical issues and drive for quick resolution
• Ability to see big picture while effectively managing details
• Ability to co-ordinate efforts and work effectively with cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed organization across multiple countries
• Identify trends and ongoing marketplace intelligence within the sector
• Sales presentation development and delivery at senior client levels
• Eye for detail and design required including good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Expertise with MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and Windows programs
• High English level.
• Educated to degree level or above
About the Company
Yahoo! is focused on making the world's daily habits more inspiring and entertaining. By creating highly personalized experiences for our users, we keep people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe. In turn, we create value for advertisers by connecting them with the audiences that build their businesses. Yahoo! is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and has offices located throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific (APAC) and the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) regions.