After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Supply Chain Manager (Manufacturing)
Consumer disposable & packaging products manufacturer
Negotiable salary + housing + transport + ticket + medical
Based in Bahrain
Our client is a leading manufacturer of consumer disposable and packaging products. They are currently seeking to hire a well-experienced and qualified Supply Chain Manager. The role is based is Bahrain.
Candidates from Eastern Europe are encouraged to apply.
• Proactively lead and manage the Purchasing team across all disciplines to ensure the delivery of the required results and objectives of improved levels of cost, quality, product availability and service
• Support the Managing Director and COO to develop/deliver efficient and consistent best in class Supply Chain processes
• In partnership with Product Development, Sales and the COO, expand, evaluate and develop new suppliers, products and procurement strategies.
• Ensure the attainment of the operational goals pricing, tangible cost savings, quality service level improvements, timeliness and consistency of supply across the range in all categories and reporting on a timely basis.
• Lead the effort of building a best-in-class Purchasing team by strengthening the pipeline of experienced personnel, resources and tools, assess existing processes inefficiencies, identify the gaps and prepare the training programmes to fill those gaps.
• Degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, with Membership of an accredited Association of Purchasing & Supply
• At least 10 years senior and progressive management experience in supply chain purchasing, procurement and sourcing functions in the high-volume packaging and consumer disposable industry organisation
• Management of Global Purchasing, Procurement & Sourcing activities for Raw Material Packaging, Production Consumables, Traded Products, Critical Tolerance Capital Equipment and Spare Parts.
• New Supplier Identification, management and development
• Experienced in the negotiation of best prices and terms & conditions with suppliers
• Extensive knowledge of sourcing in the Gulf Region, as well as other key regions such as, Asia, the Pacific Rim and the Far East
• Proficiency in Planning, Purchasing and spot buying of Commodity based product groups through close monitoring of LME, PLATTS & CEMEX indices
• Self-starter with an ability to prioritise
About the Company
Logistics Executive has been established for more than 10 years and delivers professional Executive Search & Recruitment services to the global Logistics and Supply Chain market.
Our service covers the full spectrum of senior roles within the Logistics & Supply Chain vertical and includes support functions such as Finance & HR. We are also able to provide Interim Managers and Supply Chain Consultants on short or limited term contracts.
Our knowledge and reach in the Logistics & Supply Chain sector usually means that we can provide better candidates than the ‘generalist’ search firms.
We provide a suite of HR & Talent Management consultancy services to the industry including Outplacement, Executive Coaching, Psychometric testing, Assessment, Performance Reviews and Leadership Development programmes.
The Dubai Regional Office covers Africa, Middle East, Central Asia / CIS, South Asia and the surrounding regions - however we source candidates globally through our international network.
Our other international offices cover Europe, S.E. Asia and Asia Pacific.