Supply Chain and Planning Manager – Food Services
Responsible for the financial and stock inventory control within the Food Services Division. Work with and guide Merchandising Management team to ensure OTB is properly calculated, directed and controlled, ensuring profitable management of inventory.Â Â Work with Logistics team to ensure accurate forecast information is given and stock flow from supplier to store is accurately and efficiently managed at all stages.
Manage and maintain financial database for brand from a sales and cost perspective, ensuring budgeting process and all related systems are properly maintained. This position will report directly into the Business Manager with a team. Requires a individual with strong technical skills in stock control and planning systems. Communication skills, relationship management and strong organisational skills are essential.
`Manage all aspects of the Supply Chain. Implement systems for effective & accurate forecasting, inventory & replenishment at all levels. Manage supply arrangements, interacting strongly with Group Logistics, specific brand support services & local suppliers. Monitor performance of the Supply Chain, develop budgets, & ensure timely & accurate information flows within & outside the Business.
* Decide Forecasting Cycle and process system requirements to deliver accurate forecasting. Recommend action to the Business based on demand trends.
* Support retail supply & store material procurement, ensure product availability for existing & new stores, by developing sales forecasting cycles based onstore development plans, sales history, season trends, product range, market trends & promotions.
* Ensure that continuous & early feedback is given to the Business on sales volatility, major deviations from plan, etc.
* Recommend inventory levels & complementary replenishment policies.
* Set & maintain agreed stock targets & re-order levels in conjunction with the Business, ensure that stocking policies result in a replenishment process that consistently delivers required product volumes on-time & in-full, within date sensitive tolerances, via distribution chain to stores.
* Recommend order management system. Decide effective communication methods. Propose high-level solutions to internal/external problems.
* Ensure efficient order management, taking steps to brief / educate store Employees & to communicate process & practice. Ensure that ordering material/guidelines are provided, for both regular supplies & promotional items. Interfaces with operations management, brand support services, Alshaya's logistics & distribution organization & local suppliers, & resolves all high level or systems/process problems.
* Decide Supply Chain development performance criteria to meet business requirements.
* Lead on Supply Chain development & new supply initiatives, co-ordinate with sales & operations planning by regularly reviewing systems & processes for forecasting, inventory controls & scheduling, achieved through development of key performance indicators for each link in supply processes.
* Control & develop effectiveness of team to met business requirements.
* Develop the capabilities of the Supply Chain team through direction, coaching, clear objectives & performance standards, providing feedback & managing individual development plans.
* Continuously shop around for the best prices and quality of products.
* 5+ years retail Supply Chain management experience in an enterprise noted for using â€˜best practice' supply chain processes.
* Managerial /Supervisory experience is essential
* Problem Solver
* Strong people management skills
* Problem solver
* Excellent influencing skills
* Strong drive and energy
About the Company
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Mothercare, H&M, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, Harvey Nichols, Boots, Starbucks, The Cheesecake Factory, Vision Express, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Pottery Barn and Office Depot. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies.
Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.