Swedish Food Market and Bistro Senior – Ikea
Al Futtaim Group
Swedish Food Market and Bistro Senior - Ikea - Doha Festival City
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow! At IKEA creating a better everyday life for the many isn't only our vision, it's our way of life!You implement the IKEA FOOD concept to increase the sales of IKEA home furnishing products and support the IKEA position as the leading home furnishings company. This involves generating store traffic, converting visitors to customers; strengthen the low-price profile and the Swedish identity of the IKEA store.
Quality and Food Safety
* Work together with the Kitchen Production Senior in operating your IKEA FOOD areas, in accordance with the IKEA Quality, Food Safety and Environmental requirements and other relevant legislation (list relevant legislations applicable by country).
* Actively contribute and support all marketing and in-store activities by integrating IKEA FOOD in the store's Commercial Calendar and use these as an opportunity to proactively drive sales.
* Ensure effective and economical handling of range changes including management of outgoing range and activities in your function according to the set timelines in the Commercial Calendar.
* Implement and enhance vitality and swedishness in the Swedish Food Market through shop windows, sampling, activities, etc.
* Ensure the implementation of the merchandising platform for the Swedish Food Market.
* Maximize sales and profit by having appropriate routines for all communication following the guidelines for in-store communication.
* Ensure that the daily work routines are in place, that the shop is well-filled and the range presented in an optimal commercial way.
* Ensure an efficient maintenance of the Commercial Areas, ensuring they are clean, organized, attractive, and inviting to provide a last positive customer experience.
* Maintain in-depth knowledge of the competition on the local food market. Use this information to initiate immediate action, to secure an appropriate price distance. Give input on changes done to your IKEA FOOD Manager.
* Develop, agree with the IKEA FOOD Manager and communicate to your team an annual action plan for the IKEA Swedish Food Market and Bistro to execute the IKEA FOOD country and Function business plan. Monitor and evaluate the success of this plan in order to influence future plans.
* Ensure an efficient organization of the Commercial areas and Production areas in relation to financial performance i.e. gross profits, costs, hours planning, productivity levels, absence management and holiday planning to agreed service levels.
* Ensure the correct planning and programming of resources in line with the costs and productivity objectives.
* Ensure implementation of the ADMIN manual and routines for cash handling.
* Ensure the forecasting of the goods supply and ordering procedures, efficient in-store logistics and stock control for your area.
* Ensure that you have the customer in focus and meet our customers with a positive, friendly and service-minded attitude. Lead by example.
* Ensure speed and efficiency in the meeting with the customer through an effective use of IKEA solutions, such as self service, effective staffing and mechanical sales techniques.
People Management and DevelopmentÂ
* Ensure that all co-workers in the IKEA Swedish Food Market and Bistro understand the IKEA Concept and how this impacts on their specific roles.
* Train your co-workers on product knowledge and how to work with the Swedish Food Market range.
* Ensure that the IKEA Swedish Food Market and Bistro team is regularly trained in Health and Safety to an appropriate level for the role and responsibilities. Ensure that the HACCP program is followed in the daily work.
* Effectively manage and inspire your team, with particular reference to their selection, training and development in order to ensure you have a competent and well informed team who cooperate as necessary and secure the store performance and have in place a workable and realistic succession plan.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
High School/Trade School Graduate.
2-3 years food service supervisory experience preferably in a high volume business
Strategic Planning and Analytical Skills, Effective Communication, Excel competence.
Interpersonal Skills, Leadership Skills and Strategic Thinking.
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.