Hyder Consulting, engineering consultancy, plans, designs and manages the development of water, property, highways, rail, defence, telecommunications infrastructure projects world wide.
We are inviting a qualified Technical Director to work in our major infrastructure projects in Doha. Experience within foul networks / treatment and surface water networks is preferred.
* To take a key role in projects within relevant specialist field, providing technical leadership and overview as required
* To build professional profile and reputation, for self and for Hyder, in the industry
* To establish and consolidate relationships with clients, both during the project and after completion, to become a trusted partner, promoting value-add solutions
* To use technical knowledge to identify and realise new client opportunities and to provide technical input into the bidding process
* To manage the delivery of specialised components of projects, advising on the most effective team to achieve this
* To be fully engaged with and utilise the Global Design Centres (GDCs) as key members and resources of your teams, and as a seamless part of our service offering
* To lead the technical development of staff, coaching and mentoring on technical issues and assisting with chartered institution membership
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
* 20 Years Experience
* Relevant degree with consulting experience
* Post graduate qualification an advantage
* Chartered member of an appropriate professional institution
* Recognised leader in specialist discipline with well-established industry networks
* Proven ability to network and influence at peer levels
* Well developed commercial skills
* Excellent communication and relationship building skills, both internally and externally
Key Competencies / Values
* Technical leadership
* Managing internal and external relationships
* Managing delivery
* Sales and marketing effectiveness
About the Company
About the Company
Hyder Consulting is a multi-national advisory and design consultancy. We have been in operation for over 150 years, working on some of the world's most iconic landmarks and infrastructure including the world’s tallest building in Dubai - Burj Khalifa, the Sydney Harbour Bridge, Tower Bridge in London, the new Berlin airport and the Taiwan High Speed Railway.
Our international pedigree is further highlighted by our long-standing presence in our regions: we have been in business for over 150 years in Europe, 100 years in East Asia, 70 years in Australia and 45 years in the Middle East. We have built on this diversity and today 72% of our revenue comes from outside UK.
We employ around 4000 people and apply our global expertise coupled with local knowledge to create award winning solutions for the property, transport, utilities and environmental sectors.